Was listening to 'Satan's Child' recently thinking that it didn't sound too bad, his vocals had obviously changed and it was minus John Christ on guitar but it was a decent album. My favourite Danzig albums will always be the first four (Danzig 1-4), but what are people's favourite projects featuring Mr. Glenn Danzig? Samhain ? Misfits? Or just plain Danzig?

Misfits -Samhain-Danzig
First four Danzig albums are classics after that it gets  a bit meh

First four Danzig albums are all I need from him.

Absolutely, no debate the rest are pretty much worthless. If I ever find myself giving a later album a go all it does is serve to remind I should be listening to something off the first four.

Id go for November Coming Fire over any of the Danzig material, but the first 3 Danzig albums are essential really.

I would be happy with the first 2 and leave it at that. Lucifuge is such an amazing album.

Been listening to more of Danzig 3:How The Gods Kill recently , although Lucifuge is great, just really simple, straightforward rock n roll. Any Danzig 4 fans here? Think that album was a very early purchase back in the day, quite experimental but did not stray too far from the sound of the other albums.

3+4 at the top, followed by 2. Could never warm to 1.

4 has a couple of weak songs but the rest is class. I used to be a 1 & 2 man but have really grown to love 3 over the years. It's now a clear favourite.

1-4 is all that's really needed, the rest have some decent songs here and there but for the most part aren't worth bothering with

This is a really good interview with Eerie Von. He goes into some great detail about those albums.

https://soundcloud.com/cobrasfire/interview-ep-eerie-von-part-two-samhain-danzig

Quote from: Emphyrio on January 04, 2019, 10:28:26 PM
3+4 at the top, followed by 2. Could never warm to 1.
Bang on there, Eoin.

4 is an all time favourite.

Still can't get over how much he sounded like the Club Singer Round of Shooting Stars in that "Comeback Special" he did a few years back

Really wish they'd reissue the early albums on vinyl. Glenn said he'd love to have them available but Rick Rubin would rather do nothing with them than give/sell the tapes back to him.

Everything after Walk Among Us was pants.