Celtic Frost's groundbreaking Into The Pandemonium (1987) is 33 years old this year.
Here's a great interview about the album....

I remember buying the LP at the time and having the auld noggin well and truly spun...  :laugh:
Amazing stuff....

https://www.loudersound.com/features/celtic-frost-into-the-pandemonium-story-behind-the-album

There's more insight in the "History of Noise Records" book, well worth picking up. The shit going down between them and Noise was something else.

Quote from: Juggz on August 21, 2020, 08:40:12 AM
There's more insight in the "History of Noise Records" book, well worth picking up. The shit going down between them and Noise was something else.
I'd say Tom G. was a right little diva...  :laugh:

:laugh: You don't get albums like Into The Pandemonium without someone being a little awkward

Tom doesn't share my love for Vanity/Nemesis. Granted, it's not a classic but it's not Cold Lake either.
Seriously though, CF have influenced so many great bands, and we get a quote from a former Creed guitarist?!

Vanity/Nemesis is a decent album. Not their best, but deserving of more than being ignored.

Celtic Frost in the Guardian, though. Whoever thought we'd see the day?

Very random to have yer man from Creed pop up in there, but otherwise it's a decent enough piece.

Quote from: John Kimble on October 25, 2022, 01:53:52 PMTom doesn't share my love for Vanity/Nemesis. Granted, it's not a classic but it's not Cold Lake either.
Seriously though, CF have influenced so many great bands, and we get a quote from a former Creed guitarist?!

I'm a proud owner of a Cold Lake vinyl.

Im awaiting my celtic frost vinyl boxset... looks pretty neat.

Man..if there was ever a metal band that would have fit with 4ad in the 80s, it's Frost. That would have been mad.

Another vote for Vanity/Nemesis here - Its certainly not the pile of crap that preceded it. Its very much of its time. Some cool riffs on it. Sure i prefer the stuff up to ITP but i odnt turn off V/N when it randomly comes on in the car (which it did this week in fact). The final/title track is a banger on it.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 27, 2022, 10:54:30 AMMan..if there was ever a metal band that would have fit with 4ad in the 80s, it's Frost. That would have been mad.

Right? One of the best nuggets in the interview alright.

Into the Pandemonium is a mess though surely? Remember it getting panned on its release

Ya, I think so too. Only went back to it lately.