#150 March 22, 2022, 12:34:52 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 12:37:45 PM by jobrok1
Hope you lads got a good lash of copies from the label.
Looks like he's jumped off the Putin train and had to leave most of his label stock behind.

"In connection with recent events, today Satanath Records moved to Georgia."

"Since the opening on May 1st of 2012, while we were in Saint Petersburg (Russia), 335 albums have been released. For obvious reasons, we were not able to take with us all of our old editions with own products and items from the distro. Everything remained in the Russian warehouse. Therefore, we suspend their sale! On the Bandcamp page, almost everywhere put the status "Sold Out" or a deliberately high price of $666, so that no one could order, since we still can't send it. Unfortunately, the fate of abandoned CDs, vinyls and merch is now vague, but it all pales in comparison to the deaths of people from bombs and the chaos that is now happening. However, we will not close the label and will continue to delight fans of heavy music with new albums of their favorite bands in such a difficult time. We will complete all our plans for this year! Pre-orders of current and several forthcoming editions are still available."

Haven't heard anything from him about this, but I have seen a picture of him protesting against Putin.
Not surprised if the regime put the heat on him after that.

Mental stuff.

If anyone is missing an outstanding  order message us here or send us an email:

corrmhonaband@gmail.com

#152 March 23, 2022, 12:27:45 AM Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:37:50 AM by Mithrandir
EDIT: Wrong thread  :laugh:

I'm guessing you have the wrong thread but that's a great doc, yeah. Picked up the DVD when it came out, some nice bonus stuff on it.

#154 July 08, 2022, 09:57:00 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:39:02 PM by Eoin McLove
Finally giving this beaut its first run on the stereo. I've listened to it online quite a few times over the past year but hearing it balanced properly and with the full expression of the production coming through is a treat. I think the lads have always had a unique sound and Abhainn, if anything, sounds more Corr Mhóna-ish than ever before. I think the concept is great and the lyrics are an interesting and thought provoking read. The artwork is wonderful as well. Such a great and fitting choice. Nothing about this band is designed to slot neatly into any particular subgenre or to meet some external expectation; it creates its own little world. A serious album.

Edit. On my second spin now and I'm going to throw out a curve curve ball suggestion. Can I detect a little nod to Naervaer in the opening song?

I'm standing in on drums for a gig and had to sit down and learn the album, quickly became one of my favourite metal albums in recent memory. It's fantastic IMO. So catchy and great production

Outrageously good album.

Naervaer are definitely a cool band if there is a nod its an unconscious one, but then we are rarely conscious!!

Detecting a While Heaven Wept influence in An tSuláin this morning. Very nice indeed.

Fantastic album. Going back to it after a month or two, jesus it's completely wonderful.

It really has a sense of journey about it. It's not one that would make sense on shuffle!

Yep it's very very good. Can't fault it much at all. I hear a good bit of Enslaved too. But it's still very much it's own in a lot of ways.