What are you guys doing for St. Patrick's day. The parade in limerick is nice but I'd like to go to Dublin or somewhere else for a change. Any recommendations I've never been to any of the parades outside limerick thanks guys :]

:sniffles:
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

QuoteWhat are you guys doing for St. Patrick's day

Nothing, I hate it. A day to be ashamed to be Irish I think.

Dublin is usually flooded with all manner of scald on the 17th so expect such treats as scum pissing/shitting into the liffey. Boardwalks being overrun by junkies and tourists having their jaws broken by young up and coming scrotage. Though come to think of it, don't see how that differs from any other day in Dublin.

#3 March 11, 2024, 01:30:46 PM Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:33:23 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 11, 2024, 01:23:21 PMNothing, I hate it. A day to be ashamed to be Irish I think.

Dublin is usually flooded with all manner of scald on the 17th so expect such treats as scum pissing/shitting into the liffey. Boardwalks being overrun by junkies and tourists having their jaws broken by young up and coming scrotage. Though come to think of it, don't see how that differs from any other day in Dublin.

100% - the only time that I've enjoyed St. Patrick's Day is when I've been abroad and it happened to fall at the same time.

Paris, Munich, Berlin, Chicago, New York all better craic on the day (or observed day) than Ireland.

And the most offensive thing to happen is having to listen to an American call it St. Patty's Day.

Dublin was grand when the club finals were on, and a normal auld parade followed by a piss-up.
They have a cunt made of it now. A gay parade with no hurling and ten quid a pint? fuck off!
Maybe I'm just a curmudgeonly auld cunt though.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 10, 2024, 11:38:47 PMGet yer rainbow flags out

Nooooo not that kind of parade XD

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 11, 2024, 01:23:21 PM
QuoteWhat are you guys doing for St. Patrick's day

Nothing, I hate it. A day to be ashamed to be Irish I think.

Poor Dublin, I think I'll just go somewhere West altogether :,)

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 11, 2024, 03:57:36 PMDublin was grand when the club finals were on, and a normal auld parade followed by a piss-up.
They have a cunt made of it now. A gay parade with no hurling and ten quid a pint? fuck off!

Loved the club finals in the pub. They pulled that, along with the minor final as a curtain raiser in sept.. oh hang on they've fucked that aswell.

Stout is right, it's less mortifying abroad.

Paddy's Day last year will not be bate, Carcass blowing the roof off Dolan's

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 11, 2024, 03:57:36 PMDublin was grand when the club finals were on, and a normal auld parade followed by a piss-up.

No that's pretty much the story with it in a nutshell

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on March 11, 2024, 05:11:36 PMPaddy's Day last year will not be bate, Carcass blowing the roof off Dolan's
Was scalded to miss it last year.  But a few years beforehand got Napalm Death on Paddy's Day which was ultimate craic.

Quote from: ochoill on March 11, 2024, 06:43:40 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on March 11, 2024, 05:11:36 PMPaddy's Day last year will not be bate, Carcass blowing the roof off Dolan's
Was scalded to miss it last year.  But a few years beforehand got Napalm Death on Paddy's Day which was ultimate craic.

Had Green Velvet for it one year iirc, which was also great but that might have been the day before or after

Yep, I was at this and Napalm Death a few years before too. No ridiculously priced pints, no shite parades, no throngs of mongs, just class tunes. Only way to spend Paddys Day  :abbath: