I found Where Gods... recently on my shelf, hidden inside a sleeve of a random LP for some reason. Have no recollection of buying it. Stuck it on and was well impressed.

Always loved Transgression - the 'Individual Thought Patterns' influence mixed with faster blastbeat sections sounds great. As mentioned though it would sound even better with a warmer production.

#16 May 05, 2020, 10:12:25 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:19:48 PM by astfgyl
Sort of off topic but anyone heard anything of what CT is up to since he shut down the old site or did it ever become apparent why he did that? These old demos ye speak of don't seem to be on the Bandcamp either, I'm interested to hear this guitar duo ye are all on about. Actually are the samples of The Synapse Collision anything to go by? I'm probably not all that interested if that's the case

Quote from: astfgyl on May 05, 2020, 10:12:25 PM
Sort of off topic but anyone heard anything of what CT is up to since he shut down the old site or did it ever become apparent why he did that? These old demos ye speak of don't seem to be on the Bandcamp either, I'm interested to hear this guitar duo ye are all on about. Actually are the samples of The Synapse Collision anything to go by? I'm probably not all that interested if that's the case

You will find those recordings on the Irish metal archive and I think they are on youtube as well.
I was looking for some altus astrum actually cos of the thread about them on here but they don't have anything on the archives or YouTube.

#18 May 05, 2020, 10:49:44 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:53:14 PM by Eoin McLove
For AA there is a link to some of their music on the Pest website linked.  Go to the store and search for Altus Astrum.  There's a link on the purchase page.

Regarding Hexxed, The Synapse Collision is very different to the earlier stuff and barely indicative of their early style.

No idea what CT is up to. I think he got married,  had a kid etc. It would be great to see him get back to writing death metal again though as he was a talented dude.

All the Hexxed stuff is on the Irish Metal Archive alright.

https://www.irishmetalarchive.com/artists/hexxed/

I have all the AA stuff too.
And most of the Aftermath stuff too.
I chatted with Chris about adding them to the site also, but can't remember if I got a straight answer from him to do it.  :P

Always thought they should have been signed to a proper label. Any ideas if they were ever offered anything decent deal wise?

Had a listen to Where Gods Look Away there, and it is certainly very different to where they ended up and much better in fact.

Also @Jobrok1 I keep forgetting about the Irish Metal Archive, it's a criminally underused resource by myself anyway. So much stuff on there I never gave a chance to.

Was the reason CT never really promoted this stuff on MI because he didn't want the site to be seen to be used as a vehicle for self promotion? I could understand him not using it for that. Like if he was to publish reviews or encourage threads of his own stuff it might look a bit narcissistic. The only time I ever saw him make any mention of it at all was in a thread started by someone else and he only talked about the stuff he wasn't involved with if I remember correctly.

I had always thought there was some sort of masterplan with him shutting down the old site like he had sold the name or something, as he was adamant that nobody else should use it under any circumstances. Ah well. This one does the trick quite nicely for me but it's a pity about all of the lost reviews and stuff.

Fired on Transgression again this evening. What can be said that we haven't said before, but it's still worth a thread bump. I'm keeping the old Hexxed flame ticking over until a clever label decides to press it up on vinyl  8)

Great Band.
Those songs were savage live as well.

Yeah ,Transgression possibly my favourite Irish release!

Fantastic song writing and structures in the demo alright. Blast it every now and again. The last 2 minutes of Azimuth  - The two guitar melodies as it fades are pure class, could do with another minute of it  :abbath:

#26 May 29, 2022, 10:25:37 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 11:27:21 PM by Eoin McLove
I saw a couple of Hexxed reviews pop up on Metal Archives over the weekend, one of which was for The Synapse Collision. It prompted me to revisit the album after all these years so it's been on in the car for the past couple of days.

One pleasant surprise was the use of Richard Feynman samples across the ambient parts. He would have meant nothing to me in 2010 when it was released, but in the intervening years I have developed an interest in science which was never there for me before. I'll have to have a look at the lyrics and see how it all ties together.

It's a pity they didn't get a better quality recording for the album as the heavy parts lack punch and power, and some of the more djent style bits are stylistically not for me, but there are so many different musical ideas thrown into the mix that they always seem to come back to something interesting sooner or later.

I thought Hidden Graphs was a cool little EP and it was more focused than Synapse, so I'd be interested to hear where they go in future, if they even still exist.