Anyone else noticed on certain splatter vinyls that they get a crackle precisely where the needle passes over the edges of a "splatter"? Rare, thankfully, but I've noticed it on at least two. I'm guessing if it's at the level of the cut of the vinyl then there's no remedy either..?

I've never noticed that. Do you use headphones when listening to records? Maybe you are picking up more detail than you would through speakers.

No, only ever through speakers, and it's pretty prominent on the two where it happens. On one the splatter is an upside down U shape, about an inch and a half wide, so I get a crackle-crackle in quick succession, like it's either slightly raised or lowered compared to the rest, or else there's some kind of waxen tectonic ridge where the two materials meet. Mildly annoying.

Strange. I actually had Nykta on recently and that's a splatter and I didn't notice any interference. The production is very clean on that album too, as you know, so you'd expect any impurities to be pronounced but it was clear as a bell.

As is my copy of Nykta. Only noticed it on two out of all my splatters. Unfortunately one is Foulest Semen... though. Might contact label.

Foulest Semen...? The glue might be in the title...

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 10, 2022, 10:40:08 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 10, 2022, 10:40:08 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: