Been spinning these lads a tonne throughout the winter. Perfect music for this time of year. I'm absolutely smitten with Magical and Mystical, turning into an all time fave. Lords of Hypocrisy has wormed it's way into my ears also..what a unique spunding band, everything you could want from image to lyrics to musical ability. That old style doom metal, when done right by a British band, just seems to have such authenticity to it. Any other fans, what are the other albums like?

Incredible band.  It's all high quality but check out the first album, Judgment of the Dead asap.

Currently listening to them for the first time ever, Mythical & Magical. I'm liking the lead guitar parts through most of the songs.

I find the vocals hard to take. Have to be in the mood. That said I couldn't find the mood for the last album at all. All I can remember about it is an atrocious song about a haunted room or something. Cringe. Another album to gather dust perhaps never to be spun again 😩

#4 February 11, 2019, 09:13:39 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:16:02 PM by Eoin McLove
I like it,  even that corny song,  but it's not as sublime as the earlier albums.  Definitely worth a listen of you like their other stuff though.

By the way,  Temple of Mystery from Canada (Annick from Cauchemar's label) are reissuing Lords of Hypocrisy and Judgment of the Dead on LP and CD.

Noticed that alright though I would really love Magical & Mystical on vinyl...might have to fork out regardless

The TIme Lord is the only one I would really listen to - find them to be good but by no means outstanding.

The Time Lord is deadly!

Love Pagan Altar, though was disappointed with Mythical and Magical when it was released but it has grown on me over the years.

Been listening to Lords of Hypocrisy the last few days. I haven't had a Pagan Altar binge in ages so it's well overdue. As we've said before, what a talent this band were. Nothing fancy,  just brilliant and addictive song writing. And Terry Jones's distinctive vocals that put a lot of people off were the business as far as I'm concerned. Between himself and Alan, they had a serious ear(s) for a melody. I'm glad to have caught them live a few times, admittedly in various states of inebriation  :-X

Is The Time Lord still a going concern and are they planning on writing/ recording original material or just gigging the old stuff does anyone know?

Did Pagan Walter make the jump over to this forum?

Ya, he's posted in the now playing thread a few times, I think.

The Room of Shadows actually gets played more here than the older material. Class album. Caught them at Dublin Doom Day in Fibbers (!) but really wish I wasn't so monged that day as I remember fuck all of the gig.

https://paganaltarofficial.bandcamp.com/album/the-story-of-pagan-altar

A new release of early demo stuff has been released by Temple of Mystery. Added to the top of the shopping list   8)

Spanning the guts of 30 years? Curious to hear how it flows. Still haven't broken into their final album.