October 09, 2021, 05:20:23 PM Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 05:29:52 PM by Nazgûl
Didn't see a thread for this, and I'm only hearing it myself now for the first time in preparation for the Siege of Limerick in a couple of weeks. Surprised I couldn't find any talk of it because it sounds deadly to me on the first go.

I don't listen to much of this kind of style anymore, but it pretty much ticks all the boxes. A well balanced album too. It has that Yob element, where for the most part it's all pretty crushing, with the odd bit or song that sways a little more toward the melodic side. Although, this is way more fucking filthy than Yob obviously. Some moments where the vocals become particularly nasty and unhinged.

https://nomadicrituals.bandcamp.com/album/tides

One of my favourite releases this year, been hopping off it regularly since it came out.  Excellently put together, crushing heavy but with great dynamics.  Also have drifted off much of the straight up doom lately - still like it but just found less newer bands doing the trick for me in the genre.  This was a refreshing surprise.  Also can't wait to hear it at the siege.

Fantastic album, the band I was hoping to see at the Siege but it sold out. Feic.