Quote from: Vim Fuego on September 21, 2026, 07:43:05 AMWas lucky to be at the SFX gig back in the day. I only became a fan after that show.

Out of curiosity,  setlist.fm (look it up, Type O sfx dublin 1997) lists only 4 songs played at that gig. Was the gig that short or that long?.

I can't remeber the set-list at this stage, but they played a full set as I remeber.

I was there too. Definitely a full set. Played several songs from October Rust. Christian woman, Black number one and most memorably kill all the white people (with Benji from Stuck Mojo who were supporting). They had a snow machine at one point. Plus a mate of mine got a wine bottle in the face when Pete threw it into the crowd. Great gig


Yeah, it was a regular set. The snow machine was during Frozen.

I remember reading a review from that tour in Kerrang from another date. A lot of the Pete-isms (wine bottle into the crowd) and even the exact same quotes from the stage seem to have been his routine at the time. I remember his banter being something like 'If you're going to kill yourself, make sure you bring someone you really hate along' and that exact line was mentioned in the review for the other gig.

That gig brilliant, that size venue was perfect for them.
I met him on South William St on Friday evening around 5pm.
He was strolling down the street wearing the leather German Officer type hat he used to wear and the army green t shirt he always had on.

You could see heads  turning as he was just so big and his arms were massive.
Very pleasant and chatty.
There was something on all weekend in Dublin Castle music wise so we talked about that .
He said commented on how many hot women were on the streets.
I just giggled.
He went about his business and I went back into work.

#126 September 22, 2026, 08:01:13 PM Last Edit: September 22, 2026, 08:03:00 PM by Barnacle Billy
I never caught Type O live per se... but I was living in Eindhoven back when Dynamo Festival was huge and an all weekender out by the airport. Myself, child and her mother were in the city on the Friday afternoon and the place was absolutely heaving with Metalheads. It was a great buzz, but the wee one was only just gone 3 a week before the festival (1997), so no chance of going to it unfortunately...
We were living in NW Eindhoven at that time, and later in the evening I was putting herself to bed and could hear the bands quite clearly from the open upstairs windows. A little while later, I could hear Type O coming on and called mother up to listen. She was huge into them, and she had a nice doob rolled and all. Lay on our bed with a couple of bottles of Bavaria and soaked that set up. Could hear most of it fairly well... it was absolutely class....



That video is interesting, as Pete was fairly open in the interview, that he absolutely hated touring.

LIKM is their worst imo, just doesn't have that dirge and gloomy haze permeating it. Too upbeat and chirpy overall.

Those same programmed drum samples were well overused by that point. They worked great with the production and vibe on October Rust since Steele was on a Cocteau Twins buzz but it should have ended after that.

LIKM is cocaine and borderline personality disorder:The Album.
They were a little too locked into the formula and could have done with trimming the fat on it.

#129 September 26, 2026, 09:25:05 PM Last Edit: September 26, 2026, 09:42:57 PM by leatherface
Regardless , I will go to bat for this album . It was the one I ignored for the longest time , gave it a go recently and loved it.  Maybe a case of nostalgia for this band. Taste is subjective.  I understand all the criticism  of LIKM though.

Quote from: leatherface on September 26, 2026, 09:25:05 PMRegardless , I will go to bat for this album . It was the one I ignored for the longest time , gave it a go recently and loved it.  Maybe a case of nostalgia for this band. Taste is subjective.  I understand all the criticism  of LIKM though.

Like a lot of bands, sometimes you have to be in the form to listen to a particular album.

Flawless discography from Carnivore to Dead Again.




I'm going to give LIKM a go again this evening and please god I'll be back after it saying I was wrong all along. I'll have a good smoke first and get the headphones out to give it the best chance