Cradle of Filth-Vempire. A band often derided for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. There's still no doubt in my mind that Vempire was an outstanding ep and "Queen of Winter Throned" and "Nocturnal Supremacy" have stood the test of time over a quarter of a century later. Not bad for an ep which was mainly released to loosen the shackles of contractual obligation.

Dimmu Borgir-Devil's Path. Suffice to say the two cover versions of Nocturnal Fear could scarcely be deemed essential but the title track is surely one of the best songs they've ever penned along with a staple of their live sets in "Master of Disharmony."

Sepultura - Beastial Devastation
Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua
Destruction- Sentence of Death
Agent Steel - Mad Locust
Napalm Death - Leaders not Followers Part 1
Dissection - Where Dead Angels
Mayhem - Deathcrush
Emperor-reverence/emperor/wrath of the tyrant
Destroyer 666 - Terror Abraxas/of wolves/call of the wild

Surely the Zyklon b ep is in contention

Parish - God's Right Hand

Should be of interest to Pagan Altar fans

Ten Ton Slug -  Blood And Slime.
Its an absolute fucking ripper of an ep.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Katatonia's "For Funerals to Come" has to be worth a shout. Especially for those, like myself, who wish they'd continued the style witnessed on "Dance of December Souls."

'Dance of December Souls' is great. I must have a listen to that EP.

Sounds of Decay by Katatonia one if the best eps ever! ,peak katatonia for me!

Quote from: vinterland on August 11, 2021, 09:42:04 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Katatonia's "For Funerals to Come" has to be worth a shout. Especially for those, like myself, who wish they'd continued the style witnessed on "Dance of December Souls."

I listened to that last night. I'll need to pick it up and give it some proper attention as it sounds cool but some of the chaotic drumming sounds bizarre. I'm not sure if it's bizarre good or bad yet...

#71 August 14, 2021, 12:42:53 AM Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:45:37 AM by Mithrandir
Hard to beat In the sign of Evil.

Hecatomb by Repugnant, probably my favourite post 2000 EP. jeez, came out in 1999, had 2003 in my head, still one of the best though.

Also Dead Congregation - Purifying Consecrated ground deserves a mention.

Purifying consecrated ground has just been reissued on vinyl too. Great one to add to the collection

Quote from: Carnage on July 25, 2021, 12:31:53 AM

https://youtu.be/nrfEf0dwvu0

Their best release IMO.

Quote from: Carnage on July 25, 2021, 12:31:53 AM

https://youtu.be/nrfEf0dwvu0

Their best release IMO.

Would nearly have to agree with you there

Mick Harris played it to Scott Burns, & explained that this was the sound they were looking for when recording Harmony Corruption

I'd say Scott was mortified  :laugh:

Scorn have some great EPs btw

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 13, 2021, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: vinterland on August 11, 2021, 09:42:04 AM

I listened to that last night. I'll need to pick it up and give it some proper attention as it sounds cool but some of the chaotic drumming sounds bizarre. I'm not sure if it's bizarre good or bad yet...

The drums on "For funerals to come" are a taint on what could have been their best output. They sound as if they had been programmed even though there's a human feel to it. It's still a fantastic EP, but "Sounds of Decay" is neck in neck with "Dance of December Souls" IMO.