Was just looking at this gem of a site again there yesterday. For those unfamiliar it's a great archive of underground zines from the 80s right up to the present day - essential little reliquary if you're interested in the early days of death and black metal in particular. Goes from great and Infamous zines like Slayer, Putrefaction, Phoenix Militia, Hammer of Damnation etc up to obscure little one offs and the like. Includes a few Irish bits I think  - certainly both issues of "The Oath" are on there (including the Emperor "Heil Hitler" sign off  ;D ) and there's a tiny Irish Scene report in one zine that mentions the Emperor of Eagles compilation tape, and mention of a Dublin band called Desolation who were supposedly Death Metal , anyone know anything about them?

Tis updated from time to time and very easy to lose a few hours poring over the pdfs. Great little site altogether.

https://sendbackmystamps.org/

#1 January 23, 2019, 11:17:15 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:20:10 AM by Mithrandir
Deadly, I had this bookmarked on my old laptop and completely forgot about it, used to read the old issues of Isten and Slayer mag and until they released the book. Thanks for the reminder, some great stuff on there

Deadly...
Must check this out.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 23, 2019, 11:08:40 AM
...mention of a Dublin band called Desolation who were supposedly Death Metal , anyone know anything about them?
I think they might have been a covers band.
There was a band pop up on some old gig posters I've compiled for IMA, and that name is ringing some bells in my noggin.
Can't be sure, but I'll check the IMA gig poster folder to see if it's the band I'm thinking of.

I forgot all about this website it's great. Any way to just download an entire zine with one click instead of having to download each page separately?

I REALLY need to get all the zines I have up on the current Irish Metal Archive site.
There's a fair lash of them, like.

I've put off so many things for the site for way too long. It all just seems so daunting, sometimes...   :-[
But one at a time, I suppose.