Listening to this again for the first time in years. Great album. When it came out I was amazed that they had manage to mix heavy metal and deathrock so well...now listening back to it there's fuck all heavy metal in there at all! It's almost completely a goth/deathrock album.

The other two full lengths are savage too but this one was a lot more of a surprise. Shame they called it a day.

I haven't listened to it in years either but it is a fantastic album. No metal in it at all but for me it's their best album. Maybe it's better that they finished on such a high. The gig in Dublin with Grave Pleasures (or was that even the same gig?) was brilliant except for the broken mic...

I fired it on today and it stands up so well. I followed it up Climax, another absolute ripper.

Absolutely incredible album that still gets plenty of play. Also love the other two but this is just a different beast and I'm glad they called it afterwards to leave three amazing albums.

#4 June 30, 2021, 02:03:46 PM Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 02:25:23 PM by Nazgûl
Brilliant album! Along with Tribulation 'The Formulas of Death' and Beastmilk 'Climax', they were 3 big albums for me that got heavy rotation in 2013, and they all have lasting power too. There's a kind of gothic psychedelic tone to all of them, and plenty of tunes which are immediate bangers

Quality album, still gets the oule rotation now and again as does Climax.

Yeah all those mentions are great companion albums. I never got into the later Tribulation material, for me my interest ends with Formulas but what an album that is.

If anyone has any more recommendations for albums like 'Sister', throw them in here.

Ya, Tribulation ended with Formulas for me as well.

They began and ended with Formulas for me.

#9 July 01, 2021, 07:14:06 AM Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 08:21:36 AM by Nazgûl
I read in an interview that the album art for Sister was inspired by the look of old American jazz records, where the style at the time was to have a close up, darkly lit photo of the artist on cover. They mentioned Miles Davis in particular: [