And some other bands too like foo fighters, rage against the machine, Tina turner, Kate's Bush and some other shite.

Obviously I'd like maiden in there but I'm sure the boys wouldn't lose any sleep if they got in or not.

Did anyone see the Nirvana one? Jesus the "singers" were dogshite.

I'd love to see all the bands just stop turning up to it, such a crock of shit

Yeah I fail to see the point of the whole thing. Is there any actual point to it?

Helps bands shift a few more copies of old albums as well as add a tenner or two on gig tickets perhaps?

Quote from: astfgyl on February 10, 2021, 04:52:20 PM
Yeah I fail to see the point of the whole thing. Is there any actual point to it?
Tables at the awards can cost up to $100k so it gives a nice yearly bonus to the directors

Ah right, as I thought. It seems like something that will die out with the stadium level rock bands in the next few years.

I honestly think the less heavy metal is involved with stuff like the rock n roll hall of fame or the grammys, the better. It's just shite put on by and for the big established labels and media outlets that don't really care for metal anyway. It's not like it'll attract any potential young heads or anything like that either, I doubt anyone that ever got into metal gave a shite about the rock n roll hall of fame as young uns haha

Quote from: VimFuego on February 10, 2021, 07:10:44 PM
I honestly think the less heavy metal is involved with stuff like the rock n roll hall of fame or the grammys, the better. It's just shite put on by and for the big established labels and media outlets that don't really care for metal anyway. It's not like it'll attract any potential young heads or anything like that either, I doubt anyone that ever got into metal gave a shite about the rock n roll hall of fame as young uns haha

The older crowds (50 up?) who are entry level/not too invested in much music seem to go mental over it so it seems they're the target. It's also just a circlejerk for all the elites in the business, bit like the Oscars. Maiden should do a Marlon Brando, or better yet a Mel Gibson, on them.

Jay-Z being nominated says it all. Rock 'n' Roll me hole.