Technology made it possible that people share their music taste and beliefs in real time and I have no complaints about that as I use it myself. But I am also a total fanzine maniac, having done mine a few years back and heavily trading them, discovering a lot of remarkable stuff through them. There were always tons of shitty ones out there, but the likes of Bardo Methodology (SWE), The Sinister Flame (FIN), Paeons of Hate (GRE), the recent Bestial Desekration (GER), Compilation of Death(CHI), Crypts of Eternity (PER) and a few others still keep the old fire burning!!!

What are the most remarkable fanzines made in Ireland at any given time? Is there any metal fanzine being done in Ireland whatsoever?

#1 December 14, 2018, 07:35:09 AM Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:20:03 PM by Blizzard Beast
Total Darkness Zine was pretty good.

I'm probably remembering this wrong but wasnt there a Heavy/Doom zine called Pariah Child?

Just checked both of them and they look deadly. Copies of Pariah Child seem to be available for purchase in small distros but their website itself doesn't show it available so I'm afraid it became a webzine these days.

Could easily find total darkness #1 in full here:
https://www.scribd.com/document/163481993/Total-Darkness-No1-1994

I have been shown others but don't really know what was being done here in regards to fanzines back in the day. It seems like there wasn't much interest in it here from the turn of the century on.

Are all 3 issues there ?
My firewall is blocking that site for me.

Quote from: Anvil on December 14, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
I'm probably remembering this wrong but wasnt there a Heavy/Doom zine called Pariah Child?

The zine still exists in print form! But it carries a further title, Masters of the Pit, as part of a collaborative series with my Portuguese ally:
http://www.pariahchild.co.uk/masters-of-the-pit-zine-3/

My website only presents archive content from out of print editions...

Eoin McLove on here had a great one called The Winding Sheet that came out a couple of years ago with interviews from Dead congregation, In Solitude, Terminus and a good few other i can't remember off the top of my head.

There was an old one called Deprived that I think Scobes from Sentinel did in the 90s, really cool DIY stuff, cut and paste scans and drawings. I remember there was free copies in the shop when it was open, I think you can get scans of some of the issues on the Irish metal Archives.

There was another one, I think it was called 'War on All fronts' if I'm remembering correctly, A guy up north did A couple of years ago, I had the first one, i'm not sure if there were ever more released.

#8 December 16, 2018, 05:16:16 PM Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:21:33 PM by jobrok1
That Scribd link above for Total Darkness is one of mine. Loads more up there, too.
I have a list of everything I've gathered for the Irish Metal Archive, with links... I'll dig it out, and post here when I get a chance.

If you check the photo albums section on the IMA Facebook page, you can find a load of them all in their own folders.

https://www.facebook.com/irishmetalarchivepage/

I've been meaning to set them all up on the IMA website, but it's been on a continual long finger since moving over to the website from the old blog.
Like a lot of things... :P

So I've been doing a lot of organising for the Irish Metal Archive website and have finally gotten around to sorting out the zines section this last couple of weeks.

Loads gone up already.
Still a few more zines to come yet, as well as a few old distro pieces and Irish scene reports from foreign zines.

https://irishmetalarchive.com/zines/

Dunno whether it's just me but clicking on the links to individual zines doesn't open anything?

Quote from: Mithrandir on December 15, 2018, 08:08:11 PM
Eoin McLove on here had a great one called The Winding Sheet that came out a couple of years ago with interviews from Dead congregation, In Solitude, Terminus and a good few other i can't remember off the top of my head.

Worked with McLove on an issue of this that never saw the light of day, unfortunately. Excellent content, layout and design.

Quote from: Carnage on June 24, 2020, 12:56:16 PM
Dunno whether it's just me but clicking on the links to individual zines doesn't open anything?
On your phone, I take it?
Mobile version of the site is a total pain in the hole.

Works fine on PC/laptop

Phone, yeah (though I also tried the 'desktop site' option, to no avail). I'll try on the laptop later.

Nosebleed back in the day was great, mostly punk but well written and designed