Few personal favourites of mine from 2018 are:
Vvilderness - Devour The Sun
Deathkin - Kohti Kotiani Kaaosta
Nebula Orionis - Soulshard
Vale - The folklore of man

Initially I bought the digital albums first on BC and then after I really enjoyed the albums I ended up with either the CD or LP for each and sometimes both!

Just wondering if anyone has discovered any gems from Bandcamp that don't make the usual media?

Black Crown Initiate is some amazing stuff, just wish they had a physical version available of that EP

I've never actually discovered a band through bandcamp, but the ability to get an instant download with a physical purchase is class. The app is pure handy too.

Love browsing Bandcamp tags but haven't done it in a while.  Here's some stuff I found through it over the last year or two:

Un - "Sentiment"
Really fuckin savage Doom, more traditional/gothic doom, very miserable. Great.  Already went on about this here, can't get enough of it.

Human Future - "Flat Earth Blues"
UK Post-Hardcore, melodic but honest and biting.

WOORMS - "Slake"
Sludge.  Complete Melvins worship.  Hits that same spot nicely.  Only a few songs on this as it's up for preorder but they're very good.

At The Graves - "Lower"
Post Metal / Sludge done in the style of Godflesh, with a good dose of sparse misery throughout.  Noisy, bare and all drum machine.  Very deadly.

Maeth - "Whaling Village"
Gorgeous but immensely heavy Post Metal / Math Rock EP.  Absolutely lurching riffs, wild mathy sections, downbeat but anxious.

Big Brave - "Ardor"
Pulsating Sludge, repetitive hypnotic riffing but not stoner-y shit whatsoever.  Heavy distortion, designed for volume.  Hard to explain, sits somewhere between doomy Boris and Earth.

Loma Prieta - "I.V."
Violent, vicious, ugly, fast post-hardcore.  Straight for the guts.  Production is dirty and scorching and it suits the music to a tee.  Couldn't recommend this enough, it sounds like it is falling apart at the seams and they are loving every morsel of agony they're going through to keep it together.

Most of the rest of the stuff in my catalog and wishlist came from somewhere else, these are all purely from Bandcamp browsing alone - except Un, I clicked on that because I spotted the album art in a Doom group on FB one time and it stuck with me.

#6 January 09, 2019, 01:20:55 PM Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:28:47 PM by Juggz
Searching using Judas Priest as a tag is also a path to amazingly poor artwork.

Vaguely related..anyone use Mixcloud? Handy way of discovering new stuff I find via mixes and radio shows people put together, though maybe not metal. I used to throw the odd mix up there from time to time. May actually put another one together myself actually, it's been a while.