#15 February 12, 2019, 07:07:48 PM Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:13:06 PM by Eoin McLove
CD and LP ordered so I'll try to hold out till they arrive.

Edit: Caved  :laugh:

Dunno what to make of it at all.  I saw someone mention on the NWN forum that it sounds like two bands playing at once and that's an apt description.  It's much more chaotic sounding than the debut,  less linear,  less coherent (bearing in mind I listened to it on my phone and only once through) and much less immediately catchy.  I think it's one I'll have to spend a bit of time with before figuring out if I like it or not.

Hmmm that doesn't sound too promising. I liked the last album but not a fan of much chaotic sounding metal these days at all. Will give it a listen but certainly not blind buying it.

#17 February 14, 2019, 09:33:51 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:36:55 PM by Mags
I really enjoyed what I heard of it. Perhaps moreso than The Archer Takes Aim, which I always had more of a middling sort of reaction to.

Archer is the business.  End of story. 

The new LP and CD arrived today and I think the artwork looks really good in the flesh.  The tones are more muted.  I've listened to the album two or three times today and it's beginning to make sense.  Definitely not an instant hit like the debut for me but it's growing nicely.

I bought both albums together and personally found them equally good. Nothing like them around, except the similarities with Negative Plane for obvious reasons, so would say the new album is also very unique!

The artwork looks killer on vinyl!

I've had the new one on almost constant rotation this week and it is savage.  A real grower.  Darker and more vicious than the debut,  perhaps, and more difficult structurally,  but totally absorbing.

Agreed with the comments above. Utterly class album!

First chance to sit down with the vinyl and read the lyrics.  I know the songs inside out as I have listened to it so much so now delving into the lyrics too,  it's adding a new dimension.  Utterly fantastic album.  I'll have to stick on Archer and see how it compares now as this just gets better with each listen.

I stuck Achatius on last night and again in the car this morning having not listened to it in ages. What a ripper. Just top notch from start to finish. There must be something new in the works by him at this point.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 08, 2022, 07:56:42 PMI stuck Achatius on last night and again in the car this morning having not listened to it in ages. What a ripper. Just top notch from start to finish. There must be something new in the works by him at this point.

Yep, one of the great modern albums. Great achievement to be in both FP and Negative Plane.

Yeah exactly. There are certain similarities but both bands are distinctive and have their own strengths.