I can't see this somewhere else, but I might be searching incorrectly.
Anyway if nothing else it's a great resource to see how many Irish metal bands are out there!
https://forms.gle/3TZn4GkqpvXUcPA29

Jesus christ,does everything in the Irish Metal scene have to reduced to a competition?Are all the Batlle of the Bands affairs not enough?

Oooooh, best Battle of the Bands battle, great idea!!!  :laugh:

Chucked in a vote awhile back. Seems a decent nod of recognition more than anything else.

I'm with Pentagrimes. This is the definition of meaninglessness.

Anyhoo, the point was not the competition itself  (I'm not too bothered with that side of it).
I just thought the list of Irish bands putting out music was amazing, and it's probably the most I've seen in one place.
I'm making my way through the list, but so far I'm blown away by Mount Soma and I'd not heard of them before.

Whoever wins it has the most mates, i'd rather the judges had picked.
Play the Academy July 13th

Quote from: StrangersWithGuns on February 28, 2020, 02:19:25 PM
Whoever wins it has the most mates, i'd rather the judges had picked.
Fair point. Especially in a scene this small.

And make no mistake about it, she's a tiny scene at this level of interest. The poll's reach is everyone who fits into Dolans.

I think it does more harm than good to a band's credibility when they go begging for votes for these things.

Any kind of self promotion almost seems distasteful, we struggle with it. Sometimes a promoter will be hounding you to like and share stuff daily and no way does that look good.
Play the Academy July 13th