Just seen on their Facebook page that everyone bar Stefan Kummerer is out of the band... again.

It's a real pity as I thought this lineup gelled brilliantly on their last record and Raf Trujillo is a serious talent, loved the jazzy, Holdsworth-esque touch to his playing.

Be interesting to see who gets drafted in as apparently they (Kummerer) are working on a new album. Regardless of how you feel about the band, those are some pretty hefty, technical boots to fill.

Haven't actually heard anything by then since the Cosmogenesis album. Used to jam Universe Momentum back when we were young and our fingers still worked haha
Vaguely remember Hannes Grossman was playing with them, saw a few of his playthroughs on YouTube. What a beast

The three albums they did after Cosmogensis are just as good as it.

The first two Hannes Grossmann albums (The Radial Covenant and The Crypts of Sleep) are similar and just as good as Obscura's output.

Jeroen Thesseling is back in. Interesting.

Obscura have been pretty consistent with the quality of their albums even with all the various lineup changes so I'm sure whatever is being worked on will be just as good

The rest of the guys are equally as capable of putting together something great, so even if its just an Obscura clone I'll be happy

Quote from: Juggz on April 29, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
Jeroen Thesseling is back in. Interesting.
b

That is interesting indeed.

Klausinitzer is a wonderful musician, but Thessling is possibly one of the absolute best.

soon you won't be able to recognise Obscura...