The new cover looks a lot better alright.

So much better new cover art

The LP is in stock now.  Just grabbed it from Invictus. In a bizarre twist of fate,  the CD appears to be delayed.

Is it available for a full listen anywhere?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 22, 2019, 11:32:39 AM
The LP is in stock now.  Just grabbed it from Invictus. In a bizarre twist of fate,  the CD appears to be delayed.
How odd.  Looking forward to checking this out so hopefully they just let it out bandcamp early now that the LP is going.

Neither of the two tracks released so far have grabbed me. First impression from those songs would be that the horror soundtrack element (no doubt almost entirely Jamie's contribution) has evaporated, which would be a shame if true across all the new songs since it was a great signature for them in a saturated DM market.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 01, 2019, 10:33:41 AM
Neither of the two tracks released so far have grabbed me. First impression from those songs would be that the horror soundtrack element (no doubt almost entirely Jamie's contribution) has evaporated, which would be a shame if true across all the new songs since it was a great signature for them in a saturated DM market.

+1 Snake and Long Trail just sound Dull.

Best song in the album is "Masque..." IMO. I particularly like "The long trail" a lot as it's more straightfoward in the way the demo songs and "lascivious cruelty" are...

All the Vircolac elements are there I suppose. Some odd tempos here and there but they grew on me after a few spins.

Surprised by the comments above.  If you like their demo and EP,  then this should hit the spot as well. 

I haven't heard the whole thing yet, was just going on a back to back of the two available tracks and Travails.

Having listened to the whole thing today, I wouldn't have led with those two tracks. I'd still say it's quite different to Travails, but taken as a whole it's a coherent progression. Some really nice moments on it actually.

This is a very interesting album. The sound is clear and spacious, every element has its own stage, with nothing lost or overpowered by another instrument.

The songs are weirdly restrained and not really heavy. I wouldn't immediately think "death metal" when listening to it. This is a plus point by the way. It definitely stands out from the crowd. The guitars are very interesting, both in tone and composition. There's no catchy anything about this record, yet it's far from boring. You need to be paying attention with this one. I had it on in the car a few times and the mind wandered, a half hour passed and the whole thing was over without me noticing much.

There's a lot going on here, it will take a bit to fully sink in, but it's good shit. Well done the boys in Vircolac.

Opening song of Masque (Titan) live in Budapest...

https://youtu.be/K0DyrI3iGB0

Vircolac's full set at Finnfest pre-show, London.

https://youtu.be/hANQIEOBTSw