December 14, 2019, 03:14:50 PM Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:54:38 PM by Eoin McLove
I came across this as the excellent Dionysiaque contributed a song to it.  Naturally I had to grab a copy as I think they are one of the most interesting doom bands to have emerged in recent times and while I'm not a massive fan of Cathedral,  the compilation has proven to be a valuable insight into a potentially exciting scene.  I've only made it through the second disc so far,  the one with Dionysiaque,  but it introduced me to two or three other bands I need to investigate further.  Northwinds, for example,  are a band whose name and logo I've seen about for years but never got around to them.  Seems like that may have been a mistake on my part.

Worth a look for doom fans,  even if you find Lee Dorian's vocals a little too groovy!

Interesting, loved the early Cathedral albums , first two especially. I know they were always quirky but after Carnival Bizarre they lost the plot.

All eras covered on this or is it only early material? 

Looks like a mix of eras and different styles of bands involved too. 

Checked out the Dionysiaque 2018 demo today, had never heard anything by them before, seriously interesting demo. Had found my patience for the usual doom fare tested a lot recently but these guys will be getting a lot more spins 

Yep,  it's great.  I particularly enjoy the unique vocals.