If I remember right, they were the same pricks who used to spit at bands cos they thought they were punk. A few of them got a hiding after the Anthrax gig in the top hat. After that it seemed to calm down.

I remember Morbid Angel at mcgonagles. David Vincent threw hi sweatbands into the crowd and I grabbed it and made towards the exit. With some fucker chasing me for it.

Many there? Couldn't go to this one, such a busy time of the year. I seen elsewhere they said they'd return in May? That a headline show?

Quote from: Juggz on December 05, 2019, 05:43:32 PM
They were just looking for fights. If I had reacted at all they would have beaten the living shite out of me and, luckily, one of the pack eventually said "I know him, you're alright, John, go on" at which point I changed my name to John and made for Harcourt Street at great, great speed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good man yourself John!  :laugh: My one and only trip to McGonagles was for the same gig. Pure culture shock, bricking it beforehand where our bus of 15-16y.o teenagers vowed to stick together for whatever good that would have been. We all avoided trouble thankfully.

Quote from: Snare on December 08, 2019, 11:09:32 AM
Quote from: Juggz on December 05, 2019, 05:43:32 PM
They were just looking for fights. If I had reacted at all they would have beaten the living shite out of me and, luckily, one of the pack eventually said "I know him, you're alright, John, go on" at which point I changed my name to John and made for Harcourt Street at great, great speed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good man yourself John!  :laugh: My one and only trip to McGonagles was for the same gig. Pure culture shock, bricking it beforehand where our bus of 15-16y.o teenagers vowed to stick together for whatever good that would have been. We all avoided trouble thankfully.
Ye would have been grand, they were the kind of cowardly cunts who wouldn't take an another group, just hunted when the numbers were very much in their favour. It was the only trouble I ever had, though. I loved McGonagles, went to so many gigs there, not just touring bands, but local gigs and the Metal discos on Friday. Great fucking place.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on December 08, 2019, 11:04:07 AM
I've added it up, May 2nd = Clank Festival
Or on a mountain... an Iron Mountain  :laugh:

Someone should warn them to avoid both and play the Siege a couple of weeks earlier instead. Acid Reign in Dolans would be fucking incredible.