Now on sale!

www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

Nice. They were always great fun in McGonagles. I saw them at Bloodstock a few years ago and they were one of the highlights of the weekend, to be honest. The new line-up do it well.

Ah here, more spiffing newz, colour me obnoxiously pink
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Their new song's pretty bloody good:

https://youtu.be/6JofWTOfraE

Reminds me of (latterday) Anthrax in the chorus.

The new album is a banger. It's all falling into place  :D

Sacred Reich and Acid Reign in the same week. During the wasteland of the mid-to-late 90's, the thought such a thing could ever happen was pure fantasy  :laugh:

Bring back McGonagles!

Quote from: Juggz on December 05, 2019, 10:57:19 AM
Sacred Reich and Acid Reign in the same week. During the wasteland of the mid-to-late 90's, the thought such a thing could ever happen was pure fantasy  :laugh:

Bring back McGonagles!
I loved McGonagles. Even the running of the gauntlet that was outside before and after the gigs. Rough!

Yeah, I saw lads getting a hiding outside a few times over the years. Getting up Dawson Street after Death was the only time I ever had any grief myself but, then again, I was threatened with a proper knifing, so it was a good one.

Twice I went to gigs in McGonagles, got mugged both times. To be fair, I gave them nothing (though apperently there was a knife pulled the second time, I just didn't see it) but that was enough for me with that place.

Was it just pure knackers that were into metal  that were doing these muggings?.Was there any sign of lads pulling together and beating the fuck out of these pricks?.Id imagine it was pretty terrifying for any young lads heading to gigs to have to deal with that.

Mostly just fucking scumbags who tended to go around in packs, loosely associated with the scene. It wasn't exclusive to McGonagles, there was a cunty element at almost every gig. A lot of them started ditching the denim and leather and wearing tracksuits instead, in the early 90's, when tecnho started taking off here. When I hit trouble after the Death gig, they were chasing someone else towards Stephen's Green and had actually run past me but the last cunt slowed and came back towards me with the classic "Are you lookin' at me?" shortly joined by the rest of them who surrounded me. With his buddies around him, the first cunt moved on from startin' (I really fucking wasn't  :laugh: )  to "give me your jacket or I'll knife ya!"

They were just looking for fights. If I had reacted at all they would have beaten the living shite out of me and, luckily, one of the pack eventually said "I know him, you're alright, John, go on" at which point I changed my name to John and made for Harcourt Street at great, great speed.

Back on topic, I never had any trouble at an Acid Reign gig. They were always fucking fantastic  :laugh:   :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

There was one cunt with a pink mohican who was the worst offender. I think he got a severe hiding in the end that sorted him out, or he was banged up. Can't remember but he was a right cunt and deserved castration at the very least.