This fairly came out of nowhere. While they are one of my favourite bands, they've thrown out the odd dud or two over the years, thankfully it's not looking that way with this one. Sounds like a mix of the Temple Of The Morning Star and Sadness Will Prevail material, with a more psychedelic edge. Bass sound is incredible, overall it's monstrous and I, for one, am excited as fuck

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/12/12/track-premiere-today-is-the-day-no-good-to-anyone/

In The Eyes Of God is the only one of theirs I could get into. Sadness Will Prevail is fucking painful.

Still gutted that I missed them with Neurosis (I think it was) in the mid-'90s, just got in the door as they were finishing up.

Always have time for TITD, will spin this later. Saw them in Whelans years ago at one of the worst attented gigs I've ever been to so I doubt that they'll ever come back here. Performance was great though.

#3 December 12, 2019, 07:45:47 PM Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:48:55 PM by Vadge
Among my many regrets is missing that one as one of my old bands was supporting Panzerbastard which was on that same night (PB was booked before I knew). Caught them at Hellfest but it was with one of the weaker lineups and they sounded like shit. Feels like Steve Austin was going through the motions a bit around that time. Musically at least.

Sadness....is a rough ride but rewarding given time. There's quite a bit of shit on it that he could have cut but ultimately I get what he was going at with it

Quote from: Vadge on December 12, 2019, 07:45:47 PM
Among my many regrets is missing that one as one of my old bands was supporting Panzerbastard which was on that same night (PB was booked before I knew). Caught them at Hellfest but it was with one of the weaker lineups and they sounded like shit. Feels like Steve Austin was going through the motions a bit around that time. Musically at least.

Sadness....is a rough ride but rewarding given time. There's quite a bit of shit on it that he could have cut but ultimately I get what he was going at with it
It was a great gig, ask any of the other 5 people who paid in! or any of the lads from Drainland who made up the audience. Didn't Drainland also play that Panzerbastard gig that night? I remember Stu moaning about it at me outside
Sadness.. is a tough listen and not an album I ever really feel a need for. It is however a rare example of a successful concept album, pure misery.

I was at both gigs.  The Neurosis one was mind blowing.  I knew nothing about them and they were so fucked up,  original and dark.  I was obsessed with ITEOG for a few years.

I couldn't believe how few people showed up to the Whelan's gig and I was mangled so the gig is a blur.

I thought Animal Mother was a decent return to form, so have relatively high hopes for this one.

#7 December 13, 2019, 09:52:55 AM Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:51:47 AM by Pentagrimes
Yeah we played both gigs,I've absolutely no idea why because we loved TITD and hated Hellbastard.-think wed agreed to the latter before the former was announced maybe? I know we didnt get paid for either anyway :laugh:
Playing stolen TITD riffs in front of the man himself (he watched most of our set) and getting away with it was quite a task. There was some sort of tour diary by them online somewhere where they singled us out as one of their favourite bands on tour which was insanely flattering.Saw one song and had to leave.

That Neurosis gig with them and Voivod was one of the greatest things ever. They were terrifying that night.

New track sounds fantastic.

A few years ago one of the magazines (Decibel i think) did an interview with some of the band members looking back at  that tour (Neurosis,Voivid,TITD).I wouldnt be into any of the bands but it was an enjoyable read if you come across it online.

I remember the Voivod set being one of the most tedious things I've ever experienced - which was odd, as I loved the Forrest albums. Neurosis were good obviously but I don't like the album they were touring and much preferred their TSIB support slot to Entombed a year or so before.

Aye tis weird to say it but Voivod were not good. Glad I got to see Piggy tho

Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 13, 2019, 09:52:55 AM

Playing stolen TITD riffs in front of the man himself (he watched most of our set) and getting away with it was quite a task.

Thats brilliant!
A band called Retox played that night also, members of The Locust I think,  the vocalist was out screaming in people's faces trying to get some kind of reaction but no. How well attended was the Hellbasdard show out of curiosity?

Quote from: Weltenfeind on December 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on December 13, 2019, 09:52:55 AM

Playing stolen TITD riffs in front of the man himself (he watched most of our set) and getting away with it was quite a task.

Thats brilliant!
A band called Retox played that night also, members of The Locust I think,  the vocalist was out screaming in people's faces trying to get some kind of reaction but no. How well attended was the Hellbasdard show out of curiosity?

Yep, Justin Pearson from the Locust and Michael Crain who is in Dead Cross with him now. Nice folks,Crain in particular.

I was fucking locked by the time we played Hellbastats but it was more than TITD shockingly.  One of Panzerbastard had a meltdown in the beer garden.