Unclassifiable brilliance. The first Absu album I bought, back when HMV stocked loads of the Osmose back catalogue. Any other fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZOxd8fB30

One of the best drum sounds ever committed to record too, up there with 'De Mysteriis...'.

They've sharpened their sound over the years but still haven't dropped in quality. Class band.

Probably listened to this the least of their catalogue but it's still class. Might bang it on before bed now.

Absolute belter...their second best IMO, just after "The third storm...". Like you, it was also the first Absu album I've listened to.
The Morbid Scream's cover is actually better than the original version due to speeding up the song, all the samplers and atmosphere and drum fills Proscriptor added in. 

Drum triplets in "Cyntefyn's Fountain" track culminating in the thrash beat is one of the best Slayeresque openers I've ever listened to... but although Proscriptor is one of my favourite metal drummers, the band died to me with Shaftiel and Equitant's departure...

#3 May 21, 2019, 08:04:48 AM Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:06:46 AM by Cernunnos
I remember picking up "Tara" years ago in Tower Records due to the Artwork  ::)  Which led me onto finding this album, still listen to it regularly deadly album! Great band overall too! 

On a side note anyone know the deal with the Character on the front? as its same guy that appears on Old mans Child's Natured Spiritual Invasion.

Great record, Absu don't make bad albums imo, just some less amazing than others. Always more partial to Tara myself but any of the first 4 are essential.  Unique style, and Proscriptor is the best drummer/ frontman going. Dunno about the character on the cover and his relation on the OMC cover apart from it being the same artist, Kris Verwimp.

I wonder if the new album will ever get released.

Serious hoping Osmose do a repress of this soon, they did a CD repress in 2017 so hopefully a vinyl one is soon due.
Silly prices on Discogs as per usual!

Ridiculous prices for some of those. You can get the 3LP reissue from the crypt for less than the price of a single LP from certain sellers!