May 20, 2019, 07:39:33 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:22:37 PM by Mithrandir
None so Vile - Holy shit, how did I miss this album for so long. I had both 'Whisper Supremacy' and 'And Then You'll Beg' years ago and hated them so wrote off Cryptopsy and never looked any further. What a mistake that was, been on rotation all week, the perfect mix of technicality and heaviness. It's something else, the vocals are especially great. I can't get enough of this record, total chaos. Any fans?

Any bands you'd been sleeping on or just thought were absolute shite only to discover they're fuggin' deagly?

Cool album.  Blasphemy Made Flesh is worth a listen too for sheer insanity.  Not as technical perhaps but still very cool.

Blasphemy Made Flesh and None So Vile are utterly essential. Listened to them constantly as a young lad and still play them regularly. Really puts their fall from grace into very sharp perspective.

I had written off all At The Gates material past 'The Red....' and only gave 'With Fear...' a proper listen recently. No idea how I overlooked this one.

What an album. Just perfection from start to finish.

I got all humpy years back when Anthrax suddenly started slapping pentacles and pentagrams on their covers (to snare the mall rats no doubt) and parted ways with them. Recently picked up the last few at virtually bargain bin prices and lo and behold I still dig their music, if not their opportunist dalliance with the dark side .
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Saw them playing this album in full live 2 years ago very good. Also saw them on good Friday last month. New material isn't bad but they are still a great live band. 

Yeah, get Blasphemy Made Flesh into ya as well. The nice wee melodic solo in "Abigor" is so satisfying.