August 25, 2022, 11:51:31 AM Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:53:24 AM by Eoin McLove
I have been familiar with this band's name for years, probably from the dude's connection to the best era of Destroyer 666. Whether I never bothered to listen to them before or I did listen and the music went in one ear and out the other I can't say, but I have been dipping in to a few songs throughout the day today and there's a lot here to admire. The clean vocals are a weak spot but there might be enough charm in them to get them over the line with a few listens. The grim vocals are fucking great, though, and the music seems to cover a bit of ground from slow black metal to maybe epic progressive doom or something like that- I need to spend more time with it to figure it out. An initial response I had to the song Reflections (which is fucking great) is that you can hear a direct line between the riff style on it and some of those slower, epicer parts on 'Unchain the Wolves'. Who can say in which direction the influence was flowing, but it's there. Along with The Blood Divine I think I'll be doing a Discogs sweep for all this stuff in the near future. It's all available for fuck all, which is a price that looks good to me  8)

https://youtu.be/D45z9FdhqeM

Edit. Such a cool, evocative band name. It evokes Tolkien and Greek epics...

Thought you were on your way home again!   :P

#2 August 25, 2022, 09:55:20 PM Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:57:09 PM by Eoin McLove
I don't think they'd let me back in.

I listened to that first album in its entirety last night and it's a fucking banger. So many cool songs on it. I think it's mood sits comfortably alongside the likes of Manes, Strid and Nocternity.

CDs I & II ordered from Invictus! The third album is going for fuck all on Discogs so that's next on the hit list. Been listening to them loads on YouTube and I think they are fucking class. So there!

Never heard of them before. Yet man has a very impressive CV though. Hobbs Angel of death, D666, Bestial Warlust are all very impressive. I'll give it a blast over the weekend and have a full report on your desk by Monday morning Sgt Mclove.

I'll be waiting patiently.

So lonely...