Well?

I'd been unimpressed by the couple of songs they streamed, now just finished listening to the full thing. Despite, or perhaps because of, the return of Johan Längqvist, the less interesting parts almost sound like self-parody. There are a few moments of greatness, but overall it's pretty clichéd, and much more like their latter albums (King of the Grey Islands being the last one I paid any attention to) than Epicus or Nightfall. Can't say Johan returning has done anything for them at all, except for some welcome publicity.

Same here, can't understand how people fall for such uninspired songs with no interesting riffs at all. They use to master it and honestly, they've lost that inspiration a long time ago.

Can't even be arsed. The first song was a complete non- event.

Album is great, a bit of filler on there for sure but in the main its solid Candlemass

What really impressed me though was his live interpretations of Messiah era songs, Mirror Mirror, Well of souls etc - obviously not the same style but really well done.
Sound in gig in Germany a few weeks back was crystal clear.

Love to see a headlining set

#4 March 03, 2019, 03:04:41 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:09:55 PM by stevie-0