February 15, 2019, 10:40:32 AM Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:42:15 AM by Pentagrimes
So going on some instagram posts t'would appear young James is hinting at a new AOP record over the last few days. No concrete information bar some footage of him demoing material and saying he "feels like" dropping a new AOP later this year. Now that's not confirmation obviously but he doesn't seem like someone that would be posting shit like that online unless he had the intention of following through. Be interesting to see where a new album might lead after the last one.

I thought Bliss Signal was utter crap so hopefully any new AOP music will veer far away from that style.

This would be great, if it happens.

Anything he's done outside of AoP does absolutely zero for me.

The bits of Wife I checked out were cool but I'm not into electronic music enough to pick it up.

Yeah, quite enjoyed the first Wife EP, but wasn't pushed to investigate them any further.  Not a huge follower of the wider genre but I'd listen to a bit of dance/electronic music. There is definitely dance music that is a bit dark sounding and would appeal to metallers, but I really struggle to think of many successful examples of the two genres married together. I know yer man James is big into dance/electronic music, so if anyone could have made a decent attempt of it, it's him...alas, Bliss Signal wasn't much better than so many countless efforts that came before.