Watching The Vision Bleak video (which is fantastic) posted in the other thread and was thinking how it seems so few bands put effort into releasing a good music video anymore. Seems the majority are happy to lash out a quick lyric/live video and that's it sorted.

I can understand why since it's cheap and easy, but it's a shame to see it dying off as an art form. Or is there a load of great ones out there I'm just missing?

i dont actually mind lyric videos. i honestly dont get why people hate them so much.
but i do agree that theres nothing quite like a really well made music video.
i guess its like you said, less money to make a lyric vid and you can throw one out in no time id imagine.
id love to actually know the time and cost that went into that vision bleak video.

In regard to lyric vids, they tend to be an easy promotional tool. Quick and easy to throw together.  Of course, it would be great to do each song with a video that fits. Unfortunately, it tends to be more in the hands of labels.  Despite its utility in the promo context, i too feel something creative is potentially lost. The sad fact is, it all comes down to money.  Particularly in the underground, you can only work within your means.

I think the underground needs to go underground again.  I don't know exactly how that happens in this online world but I'm going to try to find out.  How to keep my future music off the internet is my next waste of time,  having wasted enough time spouting shite online.

https://youtu.be/D5t6zMD0qWI

Just remembered this one, simple concept and I'm assuming cheap to put together, but absolutely brilliant outcome