One of the places I work regularly has what has to be AI pop music on constantly. It all sounds familiar, like it could be a pop song, but way to inane and insipid to be an actual song that anyone wrote. Problem is is that many of them are very catchy in an annoying way and fucking TORMENT your head out of work as well  >:(

I've often wondered about the negative psychological impact of being constantly exposed to shite music. I find it hard to not focus on any music that's playing (I'm sure a lot of ye are similar) regardless of quality, so if I'm in Tesco for more than 10 minutes I want to poke holes in my eardrums because the music is some of the shittiest you could ever hear. Dunno how the staff there haven't gone loopy from it.

Now err, tormenting - Belinda Carlisle - "Runaway Horses" (mainly because I had it on repeat earlier  :abbath: )

I worked in tesco for years when I was younger and up until around 15 years ago the music was actually great. You'd be as likely to hear Fleetwood Mac, Talk Talk, ELO, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits as you would Abba, U2 etc. I think licensing laws or at least fees changed and all the super markets, shops, petrol stations decided it was thriftier to have the same piped identikit covers of shocking modern "popular"songs