Quote from: Mooncat on August 28, 2024, 07:24:58 PMWas at a local metal show at the weekend. Was a young band on who very nearly completed amateur band live peeve bingo all in the one set:

Singer who talked in pig grunt vocals between songs
Guitar players who didn't turn down volume between songs so it was huge buzzing at all times
Drummer who would randomly noodle and play fills between songs so everyone has to wait until he's done to move onto the next song
Referring to the crowd as 'Edmonton' despite the fact they're a local band and have never played anywhere else

All they needed for bingo was to try and get a circle pit going with the 20 people there (singer included of course), and for the guitar players to have set their pints of beer on their (borrowed) amps.

Did the play Bulls on Parade. Every fucking young band plays that fucking song.

There's a band called Corecass.

That's silly.

I don't like it.

A minor gripe, but the enclaves of snobbery of Original pressings v Reissues.

I've spent a lot of time over the last 10 years in particular replacing copies of records I had in my childhood up to mid teens that I'd lost or sold along the road to adulthood. Im more than happy to have a decent reissue of one of the classics and have a record that's important to me back in the collection, and I couldn't care less if its not the versaion from 35 years ago on Under One Flag or Noise or not, cos I dont have 200 quid to spare on an OG replacement copy of "Ride The Lightning" or whatever!

When fellas call it TRASH when everyone and their geebag mother knows it's fucking THRASH...!!!

It's TRANS you goddamn bigot.

Quote from: jobrok1 on September 26, 2024, 11:13:05 PMWhen fellas call it TRASH when everyone and their geebag mother knows it's fucking THRASH...!!!

Fair bit of it is trash as well in fairness though  :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 26, 2024, 11:26:37 PMIt's TRANS you goddamn bigot.
I'm surprised Transmetal isn't a genre yet. Would ya pay to see Slayheher  :laugh:

Along with Metallicbra, Suicidal Hendencies, Obitchuary and Sheicide.  Finally a bit of progress in the chauvinist world of heavy metal.

Vag Halen
Clitallica
Mammstein

#251 September 27, 2024, 01:57:02 PM Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 05:10:46 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 27, 2024, 01:02:08 PMVag Halen

They already had that with Sammy Hagar.  Or Van Gina, which ever you prefer.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 26, 2024, 11:59:09 AMA minor gripe, but the enclaves of snobbery of Original pressings v Reissues.

I've spent a lot of time over the last 10 years in particular replacing copies of records I had in my childhood up to mid teens that I'd lost or sold along the road to adulthood. Im more than happy to have a decent reissue of one of the classics and have a record that's important to me back in the collection, and I couldn't care less if its not the versaion from 35 years ago on Under One Flag or Noise or not, cos I dont have 200 quid to spare on an OG replacement copy of "Ride The Lightning" or whatever!

Yeah, it's great knocking stuff off the Discogs wishlist, but fucking hell some of those geebags have more money than sense. Records are pricey enough nowadays but I'll usually go for the repress as it's more reasonable than an OG.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on September 27, 2024, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 26, 2024, 11:59:09 AMA minor gripe, but the enclaves of snobbery of Original pressings v Reissues.

Yeah, it's great knocking stuff off the Discogs wishlist, but fucking hell some of those geebags have more money than sense. Records are pricey enough nowadays but I'll usually go for the repress as it's more reasonable than an OG.
same as, I don't mind finding an oldie at a fair for a decent price, but I'd rather have a nice shiny new one that isn't battered. I suppose my collection is a bit of both really