I'm sure he held it down anyway.

I loved Primordial, great setlist, new songs How it ends, Victory has 1000 fathers,  We will not serve all stood up. Also played to enter pagan, Journeys end, the mouth of Judas which were all great.
Enjoyed Mysprming and Hellripper ya good night.

My favourite period,they went on a serious run around then!

That was where I jumped on board. It remains their apogee, despite having released some serious stuff since. I haven't listened to TTND in years... maybe a decade by now! I'm going to stick it in the car for tomorrow  8)

That makes the first album of today's listening and easy choice! 

Such a great run of albums since then. I was underwhelmed by How It Ends, but their other releases range from very good to classic.

Haven't listened to it in years, but I listened to it so much back in the day I probably spoiled it for myself.

This and TTND are probably my favourites from them.

The Cruel Sea is one of my favourite pieces of theirs. It never fails to summon up images of despair and loss.
Their full set from Rockhard festival is up on YouTube. The new tracks sound great live. Trying to get a singalong for As Rome Burns didn't work out that well. It was the first song in the set so that didn't help.
AA seems to love his didgeridoo vocals now.
The Coffin Ships was brilliant.

I thought the same in Dublin, he was always looking for the crowd interaction before maybe earning it.. and then looking a bit miffed because it wasn't completely there. Difficult early doors to get that going.

#489 May 27, 2024, 07:38:37 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 07:42:12 AM by Isildur
Quote from: Circlepit on May 22, 2024, 05:07:19 PMThe Cruel Sea is one of my favourite pieces of theirs. It never fails to summon up images of despair and loss.

The Cruel Sea is based on an Irish Trad piece. Wish I could recall the name of it.

Edit: found it. https://youtu.be/RQgXY07sz8Q?si=yk-26m5Gu-Qanuui

Quote from: Isildur on May 27, 2024, 07:38:37 AM
Quote from: Circlepit on May 22, 2024, 05:07:19 PMThe Cruel Sea is one of my favourite pieces of theirs. It never fails to summon up images of despair and loss.

The Cruel Sea is based on an Irish Trad piece. Wish I could recall the name of it.

Edit: found it. https://youtu.be/RQgXY07sz8Q?si=yk-26m5Gu-Qanuui

Hadn't heard that. Thank you.

Journey's End > STEA

But both great albums. Hard to think of a band who had a better output in the late 90s and into the 00s.