Flamekeeper have just released the first single/Video from the new album due out on Invictus soon

https://youtu.be/63gEazrHpkA?si=Dtx_vug4kqaT7G-p

I was a big fan of the EP when it came out but this new song isn't doing much for me, hopefully it works better in the context of a full album. Judging by that track alone though it seems they've lost the rawness and aggressing I enjoyed about the first ep, the black metal aspect gone entirely. Maybe it'll grow on me, Hopefully album still has a bit of grit in there.

Yeah, I felt the same. Basically just an annoying chorus on repeat. Awful video too. I'll grab the album and see if the rest of it is more interesting.

Ah that's a good tune. Prefer this to the EP which I liked. Like Dio in a way.

I am with the lads on that, this song is less powerful than the EP ones. I think there's more of a Manowar feel than Dio on that song, but I am waiting to hear what the entire albums sounds like since I wasn't an instant fan of the EP either.

Quote from: O Drighes on April 02, 2024, 10:26:27 PMI am with the lads on that, this song is less powerful than the EP ones. I think there's more of a Manowar feel than Dio on that song, but I am waiting to hear what the entire albums sounds like since I wasn't an instant fan of the EP either.

I'd say I was more of a fan of the EP after hearing it in full too makes sense here too.

To my ear this is catchy though. Manowar probably more so, I was thinking of Dio when it came to lyrics.

I really liked that song, will definitely pick up the album.  Not heard the demo though. 

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on March 29, 2024, 01:37:59 PMAh that's a good tune. Prefer this to the EP which I liked. Like Dio in a way.

I think this makes more sense now with the second single. Some vocal placement is pure Dio. He seems to have totally abandoned the Bathory-esque elements of the EP and gone full heavy metal.

That new song bores the fuck out of me, I don't think this is for me anymore.

I've just listened to the full album. Much, much better than the first impression I had with the videos.

I believe the videos did a disservice to the songs now that I finally listened to them all. The album is tight both musically and lyrically on this life-affirming ideal, but that sounded he was trying a bit too hard at first.

Songwriting is a bit formulaic with all songs having nearly the same length and structure, but a solid album nonetheless.

Definitely not for the same audience as the EP though.

I would have liked for him to keep the blasting drums in it for a song or two but I still really enjoy the album. Death, You'll Tremble to Take Me is really killer

Just listened to this through. Yep, not for me, once was enough. Weak.

I gave it a spin on YouTube and thought it was better than my initial contact suggested. That video is awful. It really is shocking... but without the muscle-bound leppin distracting you from the music, it's easy enough on the ear. Could be one for the car.