No topic for them I don't think. Was just watching their performance at Hellfest on YouTube and their guitarist is wearing a From the Bogs of Aughiska top! Is there a connection or is he just a fan??

No idea, but I need to watch Excalibur again soon.

I would imagine the connection might be through Candlelight Records. Conor from bogs was (is?) working for Candlelight.

Always liked the first two albums but never bothered with too much else from this band. The music feels a bit dated as it is firmly in the late 90s/early 2000s experimental black metal camp, but I find myself going back to those albums quite regularly. Always loved the insane vocals on those albums.

The Whole Of The Law from a few years ago is fantastic, my favourite of theirs, well worth checking out.

Just stuck on The Codex Necro for the first time in ages.  Can hear why I really liked this 20 years ago.

Remember the EP When Fires... being decent as well but I must have sold or lost my copy of it. 

Quote from: Anvil on July 01, 2024, 10:02:56 AMJust stuck on The Codex Necro for the first time in ages.  Can hear why I really liked this 20 years ago.

Remember the EP When Fires... being decent as well but I must have sold or lost my copy of it. 

Those were my two favourites but I like a good few tunes after those as well. It was the change of vocals towards that soaring thing that sort of put me off in the end but every now and again I'll throw a bit on

Jesus I bought a cd of this band a few years ago. Unlistenable to my ears, I actually threw it out the window of my car it was so bad.

I wonder which one it was? Because they have a couple that are very bad indeed

They did get a bit samey after Under The Constellation Of The Black Widow, with the occasional bit of brilliance.

Band is pretty much Dave Hunt with Voices/Ackercocke nowadays, as Kenney seems to be making decent money producing shite metalcore in LA.

I thought Kenney was making a shit load of cash in a dj/dance music type project.
He has a thing with yerman from Bleeding Through as well.

Quote from: Circlepit on July 01, 2024, 06:11:13 PMI thought Kenney was making a shit load of cash in a dj/dance music type project.
He has a thing with yerman from Bleeding Through as well.

Yeah that's one of the projects. He recorded the last Bleeding Through album too I think.