https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Spectral_Voice/Eroded_Corridors_of_Unbeing/

I just wanted to give this deadly album a shout out for the craic. A search shows the odd mention of it in now playing etc, but nowt much & worthy, because it's absolutely ANIMAL if you ask me. I'm not much of a reviewer, but I have to at least mention that it has been a go-to of mine for the past few years & a stand out well worth checking out if you might have missed it. It's a mad mix of your owl wans fav bands like AUTOPSY, IMMOLATION, INCANTATION, dISEMBOWELMENT, EVOKEN, ESOTERIC etc.

But what attracts me to this record is not just the mental alchemical fusion of death, black, doom & other metals, but the perfect execution of the production. It just has the right balance of everything & sounds fucking massive...the atmosphere it sets is just black & greasy & slimy dude. If you happen to know & like the album Antithesis of Light by EVOKEN, which I think is the best Death/Doom album out there personally; then you will like this, as it reminds me of that album a good bit in regards to the expertly executed production.

There's been a couple tracks on splits from this band since this album 6 years ago, but no 2nd album yet, looking forward to it some day. Especially considering that Swallowed split up who were another deadly band in this vein...
Cheers :abbath:

Cool album. I got pretty burnt out on the modern doom death scene not long after this album came out as it seemed every subsequent band just started to mimic what they were at. I mean, it's not highly original really, but they do put their own stamp on the Disembowelment kind of sound. It's more cavernous and dingy sounding than Transcendence into the Peripheral, for example. Their lyrics are great as well. As with Swallowed it's all quite surreal and it works. I had it on again recently after a break from it and it holds up well. I probably don't need many/ any other new bands in that particular style but I'll be happy to hear what they do next.

#2 October 13, 2023, 12:17:49 PM Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 12:52:03 PM by Ducky
Hup, yeah gave this a go originally as I was obsessed with Blood Incantation's debut at the time,and three out of the four lads here are in BI.

Haven't listened in a while, but will now while having me McCain crinkly chips + Eddie Rockets' Cajun cause  :abbath:

I was completely not arsed with it when it came out and got further distanced from it in the aftermath with the endless bands doing the same. Went back to it over the summer after Excarnated Entity whet the appetite and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Album is great, but they were particularly great live.

Quote from: open face surgery on October 13, 2023, 12:39:41 PMExcarnated Entity
Sound for that! I missed this band, I have this Stillborn in Ash on now & it sounds animal.

Thank you also for Kaamos per you mentioning them in the other Malthusian thread there. I actually never heard them before & they rule; I missed out.

Also of vague inconsequence to the fucking world; but I have been revisiting the Antediluvian records from per said mention also, a band who I was aware of before & had a record or 2 of; but just not really got round to given any quality time to. They really are fucking cool & truly mental sounding...seeming to me to be harnessing that same unbound HORROR & chaos of select death/doom/black metal bands; like the aforementioned Spectral Voice or Swallowed or Qrixkuor; & indeed for me the 1st Malthusian EP has it. The scene can be flooded with copycat shit quickly like McLove has noted previously there; but sometimes when you find the quality bands & key records; & when it's done right, it can be deadly serious.

Yet to pick up the new album yet but it sounds like a step up from Stillborn.

Kaamos were a beast of a band. The 2 albums and ep are all savage.

Antediluvian are incredible. Truly mental music from the start and always changing a bit. The first Black Death Cult album is also very highly recommended. Checked out the 2nd one when it came out but wasn't into it. Deserves a revisit.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 13, 2023, 11:30:38 AMCool album../..I probably don't need many/ any other new bands in that particular style but I'll be happy to hear what they do next.

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sparagmos

2nd album out Feb 9th! Looking forward to it. The track sounds promising indeed. Also looking forward to that new Vircolac on there!