I bought Human and Unquestionable Presence on the same day. Human, because it was the new Death album at the time and I was a complete Death fanboy back then, UP because it had a guy from Cynic playing bass and Chuck had used Cynic guys for Human, so I had read in Metal Forces. Both would figure highly in the all-time list, if I had one. For the first few years, I rated Human as the be all-end all but, over time, I've come to  rank UP as possibly one of the greatest albums ever. There's nothing I've heard which blends quality songwriting, aggression and technicality quite so well. Both were essential listening during the wilderness of the mid to late 90's, a teaser of how great things could have been.

Do I give a fuck if Chuck was a cunt? No, not if him and Kelly being bitchy resulted in getting both Human and Unquestionable Presence.

It was fucking amazing to follow from a distance at the time but could you imagine being in Florida with this and Morbid Angel and Obituary etc coming out around you?

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 20, 2023, 11:12:54 PMI bought Human and Unquestionable Presence on the same day.

Juggz, is that you?

Honestly, Human is my all time favourite album, Cynic's Focus isn't far behind, and UP rounds out the trio. Focus and UP are interchangeable a lot of the time (until I remember Rush's "A Farewell to Kings" wrecks them both).

Absolutely love Death. Don't think it's news to anyone who followed Chuck over the years that he could seem a bit of prick.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 20, 2023, 11:14:17 PMIt was fucking amazing to follow from a distance at the time but could you imagine being in Florida with this and Morbid Angel and Obituary etc coming out around you?

Ah yeah, sure MA alone would have forced him to up his game never mind younger bands. That's kind of the thing for Death with me really, I hugely understand Chucks importance but musically they were eclipsed very quickly by what came after them. Must have been hugely frustrating for him when you listen to those "Human" rehearsals to see younger bands playing with a higher level of skill and fluidity