The Siege is a hard one for bands to play sober. We've all seen many, many messy sets from bands at past Sieges.

Ah we'll give them the benefit of the doubt, would love to hear something new from them, Formless and Sullen are both awesome albums.

Nice. Great choice for a cover as well and top fuckin marks to O'Callaghan's kick  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: open face surgery on November 02, 2023, 02:51:04 PMNice. Great choice for a cover as well and top fuckin marks to O'Callaghan's kick  :laugh:  :laugh:

Last minute cover but worked out well.

The kick was rehearsed.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 02, 2023, 02:51:04 PMNice. Great choice for a cover as well and top fuckin marks to O'Callaghan's kick  :laugh:  :laugh:

8)

Re MB I'm sure it was all sauce related. Can't imagine them doing the same at Dutch Doom Days

Fantastic atmosphere all day.

That Magnapinna big band set up was so good, a real spectacle and lifting their earworm songs to new heights.

I love God Alone, have for years, and they put on a brilliant performance but the one thing that struck me this time is they could really stand to tone back the stop-start nature of it. They're well able to hold down a powerful hypnotic groove and I think they'd do well to lean into that more in future, as they did in their early days.

Wanted to enjoy Mourning Belouveth, as I have done before but honestly weakest set of their day for me. Totally seemed like they were hammered and just half-assing it. A real shame.

Historian Vigil were top notch, not a moment wasted the whole set and that Celtic Frost cover was a great little bonus (though riff of the day still goes to one of their originals, imo).

Sacred Noose blew me away. So unmercifully heavy. Fantastic end to the day for me. Genuinely excited to see them play again.