I've got a few albums by Unholy but haven't really ever dived deeply into them for whatever unknown reason. I'm spinning The Second Ring of Power at the moment and I'm surprised it didn't grab my attention more before because right now it's scratching a particular itch- Svartsyn (Norway), Vemod (1998), Strid etc. as well touching on funeral doom and doom death. I think it's time I invested some proper time with their catalogue and really get properly acquainted with them. I also have Gracefallen and Into the Shadows on CD so they'll be going in the car for the trip to and from work. They are a unique band who seem to straddle several genres and even in places sound more like a weird indie or goth band than a metal one. Not easy listening by any stretch but fascinating when the mood is right. Like right now   8)

I should try pick up a copy of the (pre-Unholy) Holy Hell demo that was reissued recently but it's probably all sold out by now...

One of the finest doom metal bands ever in my opinion.

Love the first two with my strong preference being From The Shadows. Death doom in a completely maniacal way at times. It's perfect. Only ever scratched the surface of Gracefallen but it didn't grab me. Due a relisten.