All these people saying Plainride were "Alright" or "Grand"

100% guarantee you'll never listen to them again.

Nope I won't, they were still grand though  :-X

Would be interested to know what some of the setlist was if anyone would be kind enough. Do they play anything from 'Blind' 0r just 'Vote..'? Any of the old punk/crossover stuff? Wasn't there obviously, but just curious.

Nothing really out of the ordinary just songs from Blind, Deliverance, Wiseblood, Volume and Arms and the ones you'd expect.

One or two of the lads I was with were saying that they play the same stuff all the time so for them it was a bit of a disappointment, said they only ever play Vote from Blind. I enjoyed it, as I say never seen them before but maybe it'd wear thin.

#19 May 02, 2023, 03:45:17 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 04:41:11 PM by Carnage
From Setlist FM:

Bottom Feeder
Paranoid Opioid
Shake Like You
Seven Days
Diablo Blvd.
SeƱor Limpio
Wiseblood
Who's Got The Fire
Stonebreaker
13 Angels
Vote With A Bullet
Born Again For The Last Time
Albatross
Clean My Wounds

Also what was with the random old fella with the Lizzy covers beforehand?

Caught the last 2 songs of Plainride myself and yeah, they were grand. Not incredible, but enjoyable and certainly not "fucking awful".

Dunno who the auld lad was but fair play to him covering Lizzy songs just by himself. He was having a great time and the crowd up the front were in to it anyway, plenty singing along.

Corrosion were class, especially considering that Pepper "hadn't slept" the night previous. Great energy, great sound, would go see again.

Quotebut enjoyable and certainly not "fucking awful".

Will you buy a record of theirs?

I'm starting to think one of the Plainride lads pissed in your beer or something?  :laugh:

The lad who did Lizzy covers was cool, joined us down the front and in the pit for the final 4/5 songs!

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on May 02, 2023, 06:14:54 PMThey were just so inoffensive and bland

Plain - exactly what it says on the tin  :laugh:

No I won't be buying anything from them. I think we can all agree that a better support could have been chosen, but "fucking awful" is too far off the mark.

If by "awful" you mean 'boring', then fair enough.