Definitely getting some King Diamond vibes also!

Having a second listen through to this and enjoying it. The classical music influences writ large when they appear is fun, even if at times they maybe seem a little too recurrent (that could just be me though).

Whole thing sounds massive though. Could you tell us a bit about the making of the album? How the collaborations came together, and so on? Fairly intrigued by that. Or maybe you've done an interview somewhere already you could link to?

Thanks!
I recorded it all on my laptop during the lockdowns. Not sure how long it would have taken me if I was still working.
Then I just brought all the midi and di tracks to the studios to get reamped.
Snowy Shaw does a lot of session work so I just messaged him and he liked the songs so said yes to doing it.
The rest of the guests are all friends.

As for the classical parts. Apart from the instrumental and 2 pieces in the first song that I straight out copied, the rest were all written by myself.
Not sure if that was what you meant lol

Quote from: Isildur on October 31, 2022, 07:45:42 PMDefinitely getting some King Diamond vibes also!

Nice! Thanks.

Quote from: blessed1 on November 02, 2022, 02:59:59 PMThanks!
I recorded it all on my laptop during the lockdowns. Not sure how long it would have taken me if I was still working.
Snowy Shaw does a lot of session work so I just messaged him and he liked the songs so said yes to doing it.

As for the classical parts. Apart from the instrumental and 2 pieces in the first song that I straight out copied, the rest were all written by myself.

Cool, well, it all sounds whopper. And yeah, I guess it was the two parts in the first song that mainly jumped out and then got stuck in my head throughout the rest of the album  :laugh: Für Elise and Hungarian Dance?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 02, 2022, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on November 02, 2022, 02:59:59 PMThanks!

Cool, well, it all sounds whopper. And yeah, I guess it was the two parts in the first song that mainly jumped out and then got stuck in my head throughout the rest of the album  :laugh: Für Elise and Hungarian Dance?

Ya that's them alright!
Cheers.

Some of the vocals would not be to my liking, but the music is excellent. Fair play.

Still letting it soak in but after a few listens it's great so far, very ambitious the whole album. Even with the several vocalists and guests it's stays pretty cohesive throughout. Love all the classical nods too.

Fair play, sounds deadly. A lot going on there

https://theblessingway.bandcamp.com/album/eriks-lament

https://darkdoomgrinddeath.blogspot.com/2022/11/the-blessing-way-interview.html

I have finally got some CDs available.
6 panel digipacks with the lyrics printed.
You can order them from the bandcamp link above.
If you already bought the digital version just email me the receipt an I'll post you a copy.
There is also a link to an interview I did for a black metal zine.

Listening to Grave Sermon last night I went on a bit of a Metal Archive walk and ended up back to this release, as Dave from GS does guest vocals on a lot of the tracks (don't think I'd realized twas him first time round). Remains a killer album this one!  :abbath: