Playing the 3 Arena on Weds. 27th September, tickets out 7th July.

Probably won't go but coincidentally, I started delving into them yesterday. Was always aware of them and know the hits but gonna give them a bit of time. 

The last few have been good but not great, but from Origin Of Symmetry up to The 2nd Law are all fantastic.

Ya, I had read that Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations are the ones to go to.

I'd recommend HAARP, it's essentially a live best of up to that point. Live At Rome Olympic Stadium is also class.

Solid band - They filled the Radiohead gap for me (Can't stand 95% of what they produced after Ok Computer). Thought the first album Showbiz was great personally, love the interludes in many of the songs (Fillip and the ending of 'Cave' is fantastic). Never quite held my attention after The Resistance album so for me it's the first 4 albums and a few songs here and there after that. Some amazing bass lines too.

Looking forward to this. I'm surprised it's on so soon as usually there's a year wait from when they announce big gigs like this.

This thread got me on a revisiting Muse buzz, so I decided on a whim to have a look if they were playing round these parts soon, since I've never caught them live. Two nights ago it turns out! Oh well  :laugh:

Not a huge fan, but I'd say their show could be a great night out.

Always liked the singles I heard but never bothered past it, until a few weeks ago I picked up their first four albums for €2 each in a charity shop and been buzzing off them since. Their live shows seem like a big spectacle too so I'll hopefully make it to this

Heard that their latest one is meant to be pretty heavy?

I got one album of them in a charity shop myself but I never did get around to throwing it on. Saw a bit of a gig on the telly and it looked decent but there's something about them that just doesn't really get me going. I used to think it was the vocals, and it is to an extent but no it's something else I can't put my finger on. I'll probably come back to them eventually like most things

#25 July 03, 2023, 11:07:02 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 11:09:49 PM by Circlepit
The live from Rome show is excellent.
Having a listen through their stuff again, he can write some huge riffs.

Quote from: Carnage on June 28, 2023, 06:05:09 PMPlaying the 3 Arena on Weds. 27th September, tickets out 7th July.

I've a spare presale code for this if anyone wants it. Fire me a pm if interested.

Would've really rated them to a point, Black Holes is the last album I thoroughly enjoyed. After that they disappeared up their own holes, the material became really pompous and cheesy, Bellamy's voice started to really irk me.

Live shows are a different prospect, huge visuals and tight as fuck, Bellamy can indeed shred. I've seen them loads of times so probably will give this one a miss.

FYI - standing tickets work out at 90 euro with fees.  :o

Quote from: stearl on July 05, 2023, 09:14:28 AMFYI - standing tickets work out at 90 euro with fees.  :o
Yeah, pricey but seems to be the standard for gigs there now. I picked up tickets for me and the missus, just under €200, never spent so much on a gig before and won't be making a habit out of it