Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 27, 2022, 12:33:56 PM
Did that band with the feckin' eejit wearing a schoolbag play this as well? Ill Nino??

Marc Rizzo, he ended up in Soulfly for a while and dropped the bag thing. Some of his solo instrumental stuff is well worth checking out, he's a   brilliant guitarist that ended up in some unfortunate bands

That was the first big gig I ever went to so I thought it was deadly at the time.
Remember seeing American head-charge, Mushroomhead and Kittie indoors. Great day out as far as I can remember but that's definitely down to nostalgia.

Ah, yea. I remember seeing American Head Charge. I forgot about that. From my memory a great gig. I remember buzzing after it for days on end

Quote from: blessed1 on May 28, 2022, 06:40:26 AM
That was the first big gig I ever went to so I thought it was deadly at the time.
Remember seeing American head-charge, Mushroomhead and Kittie indoors. Great day out as far as I can remember but that's definitely down to nostalgia.

Saw the same 3 in the indoor. Mushroomhead was clashing with some of slayer as well

Don't know if the board has any sane people who avoid General Discussion on principle, but this should really be in the main metal forum.

It might work well as a lure to get some of the more sane users caught up in circular arguments on the 2 or 3 more polarised threads but yeah

Article on it here:

https://www.joe.ie/music/ozzfest-ireland-2002-retrospective-ozzy-tool-slayer-system-of-a-down-therapy-cyclefly-748386

Found memories for me - my first big metal day out, all the main bands delivered. Main memory is probably the singer from Tool dancing around like a smurf off of his tits.

He girated on a box for the whole set. They bored the tots off me that day, tbh. Liked them up till then and lost almost all interest in them after that day.

Didn't he actually skip it because it was the premiere night of that hideous tv show of him and his spawn?

To bring even more 'general' into this topic, who would have predicted when that show premiered that Ozzy would still be alive 20 years later!

I thought he skipped it cause he went on the rip with Zakk the night before.

He was saving his voice for the queen's jubilee. That's what happened.

I got a great kick that morning watching the Ozzy fans turning away in disgust but to be fair I can hardly blame them as the rest of the lineup wasn't exactly for fans of Ozzy