Doesn't time fly. Anyone remember this day out in a concrete car park, rain and Ozzy less tunes. Tool, slayers system of a down, therapy? Drowning pool and a band that shall remain nameless all played that day.
Even 20 years ago Ozzy was an unreliable gig.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on May 26, 2022, 12:32:17 PM
Doesn't time fly. Anyone remember this day out in a concrete car park, rain and Ozzy less tunes. Tool, slayers system of a down, therapy? Drowning pool and a band that shall remain nameless all played that day.
Even 20 years ago Ozzy was an unreliable gig.

A great day out. Therapy, Slayer and Tool all on great form. SOAD were a let down. Very sloppy.

#2 May 26, 2022, 12:47:15 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:50:01 PM by Emphyrio
Great day out. Was happy with all bands I saw, to varying degrees. Tool were mesmerising.

Also, in lieu of a refund for Ozzy pulling out, got choice of tickets for Marlay Park gigs for free. Which were duly used for Meatloaf which was surprisingly enjoyable.

I moshed and sang/screamed along all the way to the front during SOAD so have good memories of that. I hadn't started listening to Tool at all back then, so didn't get into them at all. Slayer were great, but overall it was a pretty crappy day of metal compared to pretty much any other metal fest I've ever been to.

I enjoyed it once I sobered up. Drinking 6 cans and half litre of vodka before half 11 in the morning wasn't the greatest idea ever. Was just delighted to see tool the only time I've seen em thought they were fucking brilliant. Have a bootleg of that tool set for if anyone is interested I can give a link. Didn't care that Ozzy didn't play in the slightest and sold my Marlay park tickets for nearly face value so thanks Ozzy hope you enjoyed playing the queen's jubilee as much as I enjoyed you playing it! Therapy? were decent, slayer were ok in the pissing rain, SOAD were meh. Actually enjoyed Mushroomhead in the indoor although I wouldn't touch em these days. Fond memories for me.

Great day except the lads I got a bus with weren't into Tool so could only watch them from afar. Slayer were great. Noone else of note.

Could smoke and drink on the bus and myself and another lad right behind the driver were the first to skin up. Stopped somewhere along the way for a piss and the bus driver, prob in his 60s, was laughing about the 'Moroccan shtuff' we were smoking behind him.

Not seeing any mention of cyclefly for some reason

They played quite early on, think they had started their set as we were coming in.

I was 16 at the time and never been to an outdoor fest so I'm sure it's massively tinted by nostalgia, but I thought it was great. Had never really listened to Ozzy so didn't care that he skipped it, first time seeing Slayer and managed to get up to the barrier for it, sure it was a grand day out

I was on the piss the night before, fell home, slept on the couch and was woken up early by my friend beeping outside. Fell into his van, got to the venue at whatever time, started back into the session straight away and can't remember much about the day. It was very blurry to say the least. I remember SOAD being alright, Slayer being good and I was asleep during Tool, being held up by the press of the crowd. I would open my eyes every so often to see a blue man covered in orange dots on-stage. That's about all I remember from it. A fun day to be sure, but a write off  :laugh:

Very fond memories of this now. I was 16 at the time and was big into Slayer, so seeing them playing Raining Blood in the rain will stay with me forever! I still have a tshirt from that actually. Maybe I'll wear it and be like an auld lad that wears old tour shirts ha ha ha. I remember the singer from cycle fly jumping in to the crowd and recall seeing Kittie indoors at the smaller stage. Fairly good for what they do I guess

Did that band with the feckin' eejit wearing a schoolbag play this as well? Ill Nino??

I remember having a long old chat with Otep, whose set we hadn't seen but they were sound. And then with some other mates we got a load of photos with aul lad gardai we got to throw the horns haha

Ah, I saw Otep actually and remember them being alright.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 27, 2022, 12:33:56 PM
Did that band with the feckin' eejit wearing a schoolbag play this as well? Ill Nino??

I remember having a long old chat with Otep, whose set we hadn't seen but they were sound. And then with some other mates we got a load of photos with aul lad gardai we got to throw the horns haha

Yeah they were there. Got bumped to main stage cause ozzy no show

#14 May 27, 2022, 03:43:49 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:50:08 PM by open face surgery
I was full sure they played indoors.

EDIT: Just checked them out and I'm not sure that's who I was thinking of. It's very, very bad.