I know they've been going for a more commercial and accessible sound since probably Clayman, but I still enjoyed most of their stuff up to Come Clarity and the odd song after. Never thought I'd hear them do anything as awful as this though...

https://youtu.be/ZoUgqwMX9oo

do they play stuff from the early albums live anymore?
cant see how it would fit in well with this stuff they are playing now.

Jesus wept... look if a band are around for a long time and decide to try push for a more commercial sound.. I honestly don't care anymore as it's a cunt to try make a living these days in music...

But this shite..  you would think they could at least make it their own somehow. The lyric's are like all the buzz lines from that type of music laid down one after another. Terrible for a band of their calibre.

Managed almost a minute, that was fucking abysmal. Anders Friden destroyed that band.
And the "This is our house"? You'd think they were trying to get it played at US college sports venues.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on December 22, 2018, 12:07:37 AM
Managed almost a minute, that was fucking abysmal. Anders Friden destroyed that band.
And the "This is our house"? You'd think they were trying to get it played at US college sports venues.

how exactly did anders friden destroy this band?
he has been with them since the jester race!
that album is class!

id blame in flame's sound now more on their guitarits rather than their vocalist.

Reroute to Remain is musically one of my biggest disappointments. They were class until then.

Quote from: blessed1 on December 22, 2018, 01:05:58 AM
Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on December 22, 2018, 12:07:37 AM

how exactly did anders friden destroy this band?
he has been with them since the jester race!
that album is class!

It is, and it's been downhill from that point.

Christ on a bike, I love the modern day In Flames sound but that track is a pile of shite!
"I pack a chainsaw, I'll skin your ass raw!"

I think they were overrated from the start, but I was fooled enough to participate in it somewhat myself.

Quote from: astfgyl on December 23, 2018, 08:57:52 PM
I think they were overrated from the start, but I was fooled enough to participate in it somewhat myself.

100%. 1 or 2 good tunes but that's about it. Woeful shite altogether.

Awful stuff.

Quote from: astfgyl on December 23, 2018, 08:57:52 PM

Found them more miss than hit myself. Swim, Embody The Invisible, Behind Space, Pinball Map and Man Made God are the only ones I go back to.