Very good. Much better than you could hope for at this stage of the game. Some very tasty playing, and Halford sounds ridiculously good for his age !

Listened to it while driving earlier. Grand album I'll definitely be listening to it again. Reminds me of the Angel of Retribution album, which I think is also fantastic.

Seeing as the 'Now Playing' thread has been temporarily hijacked by everyone gushing over Sin After Sin, I thought I'd hijack the Invincible Shield thread instead.

All things Priest, Halford, KK, etc.

So I'll kick it off with a pet peeve of mine.
All the remastered versions from years back. What the fuck were they playing at with the bonus tracks?

Recordings and outtakes from album sessions tagged onto albums years older. Mostly from the Turbo and Ram It Down sessions, but spread across all the earlier albums.
Just made no sense.
Especially with regard to Turbo and RID.
Two of their albums that could have done with a decent remaster version with all their own outtakes and live cuts from the tours.

I remember going to the trouble of arranging those remaster bonus tracks into a chronological playlist and thinking I was king shit. Pretty sure I accidentally deleted them all after. Nonsensical behaviour altogether though, no good reason for putting them out that way.

#111 September 14, 2024, 04:17:45 PM Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 09:21:17 PM by Carnage
I never really took to it but then I probably didn't give it a proper chance. I have the CD here, I might throw it on later.

I've never listened to it. Now is the time says you.

I like this album too, title track is great. Definitely not in their top 5 but I'll also be purchasing

If anything from their back catalogue needs a remix/remaster it's Rocka Rolla.
Looking forward to checking it out.

I see in that article that Priest have also gained control of Sad Wings of Destiny as well. Wonder if they will wait until 2026 before they reissue it. 

Anyway, was listening to Rocka Rolla over the weekend because of this thread.  Very enjoyable album, which I hadn't listened to in years!

Sad wings is the zenith for me. Love early Priest.

Rocka Rolla is great. Run of the Mill is a banger of a tune.

Quote from: open face surgery on September 16, 2024, 01:37:45 PMRocka Rolla is great. Run of the Mill is a banger of a tune.

Run of the Mill for me is the highlight of the album....