Happy days, might write some good tunes again with a bottle of absolut down the neck

I stupidly went to Slane earlier in the year and the gig seemed so off to me and mainly Hetfield who looked unhealthy and completely zoned out. He looked like even his mid song banter was read off the teleprompter. I felt cheated and robbed at that gig but mainly that Hetfield wasn't at the races. Sad to hear that 18 years after his last crash that here he is again, yet I find it not so much of a shock. I still watch their every move like they're  legends that will bounce back  but when it's a level that eats people alive, they really need go consider stepping away.

I'd imagine if he stepped away he'd have less things to focus on and occupy his time, so it'd be easier to get smashed.

Maybe he'll rethink the 'tallica brand whiskey and beer? It can't be helpful for an alcoholic to have his own line of booze and have to promote it. Perhaps this time the relentless and shameless pursuit of cash will take second place to his health.

Didn't feel like bumping the thread about their last album and didn't want to start a new one, so this'll do: seems Kill 'Em All was released 40 years ago today!  :abbath:

No Way......

How good is Seattle / Binge n Purge 3 though!

I heard all the early Meatllica albums in quick succession around 1990,my first proper obsession in life id say!.

Still a class album. They'd be shit within 10 years, though, but able to stretch an increasingly lucrative career out of it for another 30.

I still think they missed a trick when releasing st Anger.Since it was 7 years or so since Load,a return if you want to call it.They could have released a half decent metal album and it might have won us over a bit.Instead they hired a crab and the worst drum sound imaginable,good night!

Drumming on new album has put me off it too

Drumming on the new album is probably (maybe as always) the weakest aspect of it.

I still scratch my head at Hammett's performance. Its just so, uninspired. Like he's trapped in a small Metallica confine. SO disappointed.

Best thing about the album is the regurgitated "No Remorse" riff.....  :laugh:

Hetfield plays well, depending on what your listening to the album on, the tone can be 'ok'.

Rob 'stamped the card' anyway.

Actually enjoyed half of a couple of the tunes on the new thing but the sound is fairly bad, mostly stemming from the drums. As Paul is saying there, had they released something like this after Loads then it would've seemed alright but there really was no coming back from st anger unless they tried something new altogether but they really haven't done that at all