Careful now, you'll be out in the black crepe shirts and leather trousers next!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The only Diabolical Masquerade album I enjoyed was "Death's Design", used to think it was absolutely class but haven't had it on in about ten years.  Must go back to it soon and see how it holds up.

Quote from: Floss on November 01, 2020, 10:25:50 PM
Theres a new OMC album in the works it seems, Galder posted a few videos....the early ones are great but I lost interest after the one Gene Hoglan played on...

As for Diab Masq- I love all the albums, but esp the first one... Dan Swano talks a bit about them in the recent podcasts hes appeared on.  I guess if katatonia and bloodbath stall then Blackheim might return to it, but he said it was done.... who knows.
Nice, must check those out.

Quote from: blessed1 on November 02, 2020, 04:44:04 PM
I wouldn't let the fact old man's child's later album covers being shit put you off them.
Apart from Revelation 666 the rest of them are really good.
Nic barker plays on In Defiance Of Existence.
That album is great.
If you like the early stuff you should enjoy them. They are not a band that changes too much which is a good thing imo.
Forgot about him playing on an album also.
All their stuff is pretty good good.

Listening to In Defiance of Existence now. Despite it having one of the worst album covers ever it's actually pretty damn good. Not as frosty sounding production wise as The Pagan Prosperity  (sadly), but it sounds pretty pretty pretty good! Might nab the Cosmic Keys reissue if I think of it on payday.

I dont think OMC ever topped The Pagan Prosperity to be honest, its a real standout, crazy melodic stuff but incredibly catchy, memorable riffs.

Quote from: Floss on November 05, 2020, 03:17:12 PM
I dont think OMC ever topped The Pagan Prosperity to be honest, its a real standout, crazy melodic stuff but incredibly catchy, memorable riffs.

I agree. It's their best album.