#15 October 23, 2020, 11:12:26 AM Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:20:44 AM by Nazgûl
They have another new one out from this called 'Sudden Death'. A whole 7 minutes of riffs stitched together.

Although I agree with the OP that it's the most Mr.Bungle-esque thing to do to re-record an old demo for a reunion...I just don't see the point at all. They were a band who would always keep you guessing from album to album in what it would sound like. That applies here too I suppose in that it's another curveball, but really it's just bog standard thrash that we've all heard a thousands times before. And Patton's delivery -- at least in his older age -- doesn't really suit the style I don't think.

Scott Ian being in the band actually fits --  because he's the perfect man for the job of playing predictable thrash riffs.  But given the overall calibre of interesting musicians here otherwise, it's a shame we won't get to hear new music that has the potential to be far more interesting.

I wonder whose call it was. One could hardly accuse Patton of being averse to releasing new music  :laugh:

That's true!  :laugh:

It makes sense I suppose if getting Lombardo/Ian into the band it's likely going to suit a more metal approach...and eh, they had the demo from the back in the day lying around so...  :-\

Having heard the whole thing today I think they honestly have just done it purely for their own enjoyment. In which case that's fine with me. It's a bunch of mates getting back together and playing songs they wrote when they were 15,its not like they're attaching any more to it than that. The press release that came with it pretty much says as much.

I dont think theres any need for me to ever listen to it again like.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on August 14, 2019, 09:09:03 AM
So I know there's other Bungle fans on here too... It's happening. In the most contrary, Bungle-esque wind up of a way possible.
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/mr-bungle-playing-1986-demo-at-first-shows-in-nearly-20-years/

I'm obviously not holding out for new material and this is a one off deal I think, but what a weird thing to reunite for - spending most of your career making wildly innovative music and then getting back together to play your shitty teenage death thrash demo.

Also I can't help but just think "really?Scott Ian was the best they could get to play second guitar?"

And the problem with getting one of the most well known metal guitarist is......??