A strangely unimaginative name for a quite unique sounding entity here. From Canada, and sharing a member with Antediluvian, Black Death Cult appear to have taken Drawing Down the Moon as a jumping off point into some weird and otherworldly sounding death metal. Spacey synth, primitive drums and vocals that employ filthy mutant growling and robotic outer space commands. This is exactly the sort of nuttiness the death metal scene needs right now. Instantly hooked!

https://blackdeathcult.bandcamp.com/releases

#1 September 10, 2020, 11:07:49 PM Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:25:34 PM by open face surgery
Instantly hooked would apply to when you first heard it....12 odd months ago. Haha.

I digress, couldn't agree more anyway. Incredible album with very suiting artwork that carried the shit enough name and created enough of a theme for me to check it out. Tim hits another nail on the head and I had thought that this would serve as his main output presuming Antediluvian was on hiatus which has since been thankfully proven to be incorrect.

Yeah, dunno how they slipped my mind because when I stuck them on last nigh I was immediately drawn in. The artwork is cool and a slight change from Tim's usual print style.

Had a listen to the first few tracks on the way to work there, sounds class.

The keys and spacey sounding organs add a really expansive feel to everything.

Looking forward to giving it some proper attention later on this evening.