August 15, 2020, 12:01:37 PM Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:10:05 PM by Eoin McLove
A new traditional doom band from the US here that will appeal to fans of Pagan Altar and Saint Vitus. The production is a bit rough around the edges- rehearsal quality but not to the detriment of the music. Nice use of dark melodic riffing and funeral keys. The distinctive vocals might be a turn off for some but anyone into the bands above will be well able for them. Liking this.

Mrs. Leeds' 13th Child sounds like a cross between Trouble and Hour of 13 to me.

https://chulainnshound.bandcamp.com/releases

If only I had thought to put a warning in the initial post that the vocals wouldn't be for everyone.  Next time.

Sounds interesting even through these crappy phone speakers. Vocals very similar to Rob from Mael Mordha.

Hadn't detected that similarity but I'll give it another listen later and see. Defo imperfect if you're after a squeaky clean, polished finish but he has character and I'm ok with a bit of vocal wobbliness of they otherwise bring something to the party, which is indeed the case here.

I was going to grab a tape but the postage rates from the US are prohibitive.

Some class riffs there. Nothing wrong with some wonky vocals as long as there's some passion to them.

Was tempted to pick up a tape, but as said the shipping is extortionate.